Frontline Related Materials (1 Viewer)

JessC

HSC
N/A
Hey!
Does anyone know any good related materials for frontline?? I need stuff like newspaper articles, movies....anything really that relates to telling the truth.

astro

HSC
apparently there's this show called 'fineline' (SBS Wed. 7.30) that's related to Frontline

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Its probably better to stay away from visual related material...examiners prefer to see diversity in sources. Go for a novel, or a comic strip etc

Sush

Yeh there's a few tv shows like CNNNN and The Glasshouse both on ABC but the thing with related material is its not the best idea to get the same text type as what you are studying as it should be a "variety" so probably an article, movie, song, poem etc would be a lot better, whihc is unfortunate since most of the good related material are tv shows as well! :( and also there's Bowling for Columbine by Micheal Moore, which is alrite but not very original since a lot of people do this one, but nonethless very relevant!

cameron0110

HSC
We haven't actually got up to this yet at our school but I was just thinking maybe using the Chaser newspaper which is brought out by the people who write CNNNN wouldn't be a bad idea cause it usually has a lot of similar ideas in it.

chickenbianca

HSC
For realted texts, you could use Simpson episodes but i can't remember which 1's specifically, usually use other texts rather than a current affair programs, try news paper articles, movies, poems etc....
Program ABC have many shows such as the glass house but its not an excellent choice although there are some lectures and interviews on the ABC website, try the Andrew Olle Lecture; written by Jana Wendt.
Hope that hepled. :)

RainbowBrite

HSC
cameron0110 said:
We haven't actually got up to this yet at our school but I was just thinking maybe using the Chaser newspaper which is brought out by the people who write CNNNN wouldn't be a bad idea cause it usually has a lot of similar ideas in it.
Just checked out that Chaser Newspaper- its AWESOME. I didnt know it exhisted, so thanks for that.

Some related text ideas I've had include:
  • reality programs, like Big Brother- where a "reality" is created, and then manipulated through editing and the show portrays the personalities in specific ways
  • films such as "The Truman Show". My teacher also suggested "Wag the Dog" or something like that.

Last edited:

blueyez

HSC
chickenbianca said:
For realted texts, you could use Simpson episodes but i can't remember which 1's specifically, usually use other texts rather than a current affair programs, try news paper articles, movies, poems etc....
the simpsons episode where homer takes the babysitter home and grabs the 'gummi venus de milo' off her butt and is then accused of sexual harrrasment is one that is popular as a related text.

it deals with the corruption in media and the portrayal of a dramatic story as opposed to the truth, just as frontline does. i think the episode is called 'bad man homer'

Lil Miss Dee

HSC
blueyez said:
the simpsons episode where homer takes the babysitter home and grabs the 'gummi venus de milo' off her butt and is then accused of sexual harrrasment is one that is popular as a related text.

it deals with the corruption in media and the portrayal of a dramatic story as opposed to the truth, just as frontline does. i think the episode is called 'bad man homer'
sarah quit stealin my related material!!! =P
i am so screwed 4 2moro... ahh well

i hav created an amazin piece of work.. it goes as follows:

mike moore is a prick
he has a tiny d*ck:p
brooke vandengerg he should just lick
althou he mite get a kick
frontline y did they pick
for our hsc? its just sick
now lets all pick up a stick
and beat up mike moore, that prick

:cool: :D

Lil Miss Dee

HSC
blueyez said:
dee you're a tool, and you wern't that screwed for bio anyway.
dont u appreciate my fantastic poetic skills?
and i didnt mean 4 bio i meant 4 english.... ooo and guess what - i wasnt screwed 4 either of them :D
dee is an uber spunky nerd :cool:

blueyez

HSC
Mr. Sabuncuoglu said:
the frontline series is pretty cool....
yeah, its really clever, but after studying it, i got so sick of hearing "hello im mike moore... welcome to frontline" and then that music (its in my head now)

just like im sick of hearing the word journey.

[btw dee, you were lucky in the bio test, all the things you needed were fresh in your mind... i swear if you get a better mark than me...]

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I used the Simpsons episode "Homber bad man" - (the one where he is accused of sexual harrassment) and the X files one... can't remember what it is called as well as the movie "catch me if you can". There is so many out there, just find something that relates to the issues and techniques you are disucssing about frontline, mine just popped into my head after a week of studying frontline, it was rather random really.

Lil Miss Dee

HSC
blueyez said:
[btw dee, you were lucky in the bio test, all the things you needed were fresh in your mind... i swear if you get a better mark than me...]
im scared.... what will u do?
DROP IT!!! DROP BIO!

rtoase

HSC
Lil Miss Dee said:
sarah quit stealin my related material!!! =P
i am so screwed 4 2moro... ahh well

i hav created an amazin piece of work.. it goes as follows:

mike moore is a prick
he has a tiny d*ck:p
brooke vandengerg he should just lick
althou he mite get a kick
frontline y did they pick
for our hsc? its just sick
now lets all pick up a stick
and beat up mike moore, that prick

:cool: :D
BAHAHAHA nice poem

ellen89

HSC
hey im looking for The Chaser Newspaper to use as a related text, where can i find it?

joa.nst.ar

likes fluffy things
HSC
i use media watch, its good.

you can buy a book that the chaser put out each year with thre best of their paper in it. id advise that you look on the chaser's website.

when all else fails... google it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)