• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

[Frontline] The Siege - Question (1 Viewer)

philhar88

HSC
Hey guys,

first post here. I was wondering if anyone knows the name of the actual news reporter that was on the phone with the gun man?

There is an actual interview with him and Andrew Denton and if I knew the name it would be a great piece of additional material. (transcripts are on ABC)

Even better, if anyone has the transcript of that ep of Andrew Denton (!!!)

Thanks.

cburch88

HSC
ACA host Mike Willesee
Tied up phone line to farmhouse in Grafton, NSW, so experienced negotiators couldnt get through; Asked “have you seen Leonard and Robbie do some bad things?” “Do you know that Leonard and Robbie have killed some people?”; NSW coroner – questions were “callous” and “outrageous”; ACA host Mike Munro defended him saying "Whether you accept it or not, Michael talked to the children to find out if they were safe and their parents were grateful he did. He also extracted an undertaking from the gunman to release the children and, less than one hour later, Leabeater did just that."

Thats all Ive got, hope it helps
Goodluck

philhar88

HSC
Actually not really:

Mike Willisee: I had a determination to get those kids out.

Mike Moore: I’ve interviewed everyone from the Dali lama to Sharon Stone.

Kinda makes it seem as though the whole interview was staged just to benefit the show, where as in real life Willisee didn't instigate the interview at all and just reacted to the situation as best he could.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
prosopography that's what it is. google it.

its all semantics, i'm definitely inclined to side with webby but then your point could be valid too. only thing is we can never really be sure unless we ask all the participants.

besides is that really significant for 'telling the truth' as the hsc module?

and why am i posting here :p haha just happy that i'm over with frontline .. mostly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)