Frontline!!! (1 Viewer)

teegsb

HSC
Does anyone have any suggestions of supplementary texts for Frontline?? PLEASE HELP!!!!

jest

HSC
you could look at propaganda posters from the wars or if you're really lazy, you could use a story from today tonight or a current affair

ArtOfLosing

HSC
Your texts don't have to relate to the media - that's not what the course is on. It's all about how truth is represented, Frontline just happens to use the media to explore this.

kloudsurfer

HSC
How many related texts are recommended for this module? I know it usually says at least one, but it says that for the AoS too but ive heard it is advisable to use two for the AoS.

So should we write about 1 or 2 related texts for frontline?

ArtOfLosing

HSC
It's all about what you thionk you can do well. Yes, it is good to have more than one related for the AoS but only if you cover them both well. It is better to use one good text than do do a rush job on several. Also with AoS you have to talk about your set text plus one from the stumulus booklet plus your own, making 3. 3 is a good number. So with frontline you should have 2 other texts making a total of 3 for your essay. Do more if you want but just as long as you cover them well.

BaCC 07~~
HSC
Try using a combination, i used another documentary "Fineline- Maxine Mckew" and a recent media article. Gives you a variety but they're still strong things to use for truth in the media ;)

Last edited:

teegsb

HSC
kloudsurfer said:
How many related texts are recommended for this module? I know it usually says at least one, but it says that for the AoS too but ive heard it is advisable to use two for the AoS.

So should we write about 1 or 2 related texts for frontline?
It is a good idea to use 2 or more if you think you can write more in the time frame your given to write the essay. But generally 2 is a good idea.

SituationNoir

HSC
I had to do an assessment today and I used two ORTs and 2-3 episodes of frontline. It worked fairly well for me.
My ORTs were a propaganda speech from WW2 and an article from Woman's Day entitled 'Paris's Jail Nightmare.' They both related fairly well to the theme of the essay and I was able to relate them back to frontline aswell which was good. It's good to be able to make connections between the texts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)