• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Fruits? (1 Viewer)

HSC
some asian fruit that smells massively gross. like, gross to the point that it's banned from hotels and heaps of other places.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
CieL said:
^ Durian tastes and smells like shit... My bf shoved durian in my mouth cos he eats everything and doesnt want me to be so spoilt.. (yes, I ate some duck egg too btw)..

But anyways.. I believe that unless you can make yourself believe durian smells good, it will not taste good...

Other than that... I love green seedless grapes, and cherries (waste of time spitting seeds out tho), authentic Fuji apples from Japan (the core area is almost transparent.. it's as sweet as honey), plums, pineapples from thailand.....

I think it's easier if I dont list what fruit I like actually hahahha
bahahaha you know how in hong kong, they sell some japanese apples for like $6 AU for 2 fuji apples from japan
its like what a rip...the cheap and the expensiv taste the same

tlodg

HSC
N/A
jemsta said:
bahahaha you know how in hong kong, they sell some japanese apples for like $6 AU for 2 fuji apples from japan
Is the nutritious value the same?

I like apples, but I cannot stand eating more than 2 at a time (and they taste so much better cold)
Mangoes, pears, dragonfruit, watermelon, cherries (the darker ones) are tasty.
I like durians too :). Haven't eaten it in ages.
and I really really really crave the pulp in coconuts :) (not the ones in cans but the ones on coconuts)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
tlodg said:
Is the nutritious value the same?

I like apples, but I cannot stand eating more than 2 at a time (and they taste so much better cold)
Mangoes, pears, dragonfruit, watermelon, cherries (the darker ones) are tasty.
I like durians too :). Haven't eaten it in ages.
and I really really really crave the pulp in coconuts :) (not the ones in cans but the ones on coconuts)
i dont know tbh...all i look is the price and thats it...i walk off
ahh coconuts are cool too....lov the drink :)

tlodg

HSC
N/A
go_swans said:
passionfruit. also goood
I wanna try it but I don't know how you eat it. Do you just crack it open and eat the seeds?

hmm.

HSC
yeah. you cut it in half and scoop the pulp/seeds out. its awesome

CieL

HSC
jemsta said:
I dont think they're the same..

Cos the ones I ate whilst I was in Japan, I was at a ryokan near Fuji San... and they were the size of a mango...

Totally different from the fuji apples we get in Australia.. the core section isnt semi-transparent.. and the ones from Japan were really sweet... We ate it as dessert lol

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
CieL said:
I dont think they're the same..

Cos the ones I ate whilst I was in Japan, I was at a ryokan near Fuji San... and they were the size of a mango...

Totally different from the fuji apples we get in Australia.. the core section isnt semi-transparent.. and the ones from Japan were really sweet... We ate it as dessert lol
hmm i dont know...i think you can only get those at the japanese supermarkets
omg you make me wanna go to japan and try those apples....they sound really good though

CieL

HSC
jemsta said:
omg you make me wanna go to japan and try those apples....they sound really good though
Any top end fruit from Japan is really good... and extremely expensive...

It's like their top end apples..
They have an apple tree, and instead of letting all the apples grow, they cut down the ones which look the slightest 'gay'... so the perfect ones that remain will get all the nutrients.. that's why they grow so big.. (and the high price is because that one apple has to pay for say, 20 regular apples)

Then their square watermelons... will retail for au$100 for one... but they're usually only for gifts... cos I mean... who can afford that... as food... =S

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahaha, that goes to show only the rich are probably the ones that can afford $10 apples and $100 watermelons

i always thought that it was organic due to their prices :S
time to grow a 'perfect' apple tree

w2dot

HSC
Durians and mangoes are the main ones, also like peaches, nectarines, plums, etc if they're juicy. Pears too.

Otherwise things that are flavoured grape, green apple, pineapple and passionfruit

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Mangoes
Strawberries
Peaches
Apricots
Bannanas
Cherries

HSC
actually yes, mandarins are the sex. sweeet ones are awesome

CieL

HSC
go_swans said:
actually yes, mandarins are the sex. sweeet ones are awesome
Seedless ones are even better.

I just dont like it how your hands stink afterwards... lemon n limes are alright, but smelling like mandarins and oranges suck...

HSC
its cool how you can fold the skin and squirt juice in peoples eyes. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)