Fuck Rudd is a dickhead (1 Viewer)

rosgos123

HSC
I'm sorry but the introduction of a nationwide secret Internet censorship programme resembling China's or Iran's is more than enough reason to vote Rudd out.

Please don't misconstrue this as voting Abbott in. That would simply be an unhappy consequence.
I am still amazed that this censorship crap made it off the ground, certainly not in the intrest of the public, except maybe angry mothers and femenists

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
lots of people lost jobs and were rehired at much lower rates, i know my family was affected, my mums a nurse in a private nursing home, she lost like 20k a year from that.
Slidey said:
WorkChoices
WorkChoices was a brilliant, economically-sound piece of legislation designed to carry on the trade liberalisation (in this case the trade of labour) and microeconomic reform begun by Labor in the early 1990s. Howard has my eternal respect for being ballsy enough to introduce such a politically devestating law for the greater good of the country and the economy.
Now, I'm sorry if some people lost their jobs, ended up with a pay cut or did not have the negotiating skills necessary to barter for extra benefits, but plenty of people actually benefitted from WorkChoices too. Unfortunately, their stories always go unheard under the ruckass kicked up by sinking-ship unionists and their unskilled sob stories.

ON a side note; apparently Abbott's daughters are really fucking bitchy. But they're all still boneable.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
WorkChoices was a brilliant, economically-sound piece of legislation designed to carry on the trade liberalisation (in this case the trade of labour) and microeconomic reform begun by Labor in the early 1990s. Howard has my eternal respect for being ballsy enough to introduce such a politically devestating law for the greater good of the country and the economy.
Now, I'm sorry if some people lost their jobs, ended up with a pay cut or did not have the negotiating skills necessary to barter for extra benefits, but plenty of people actually benefitted from WorkChoices too. Unfortunately, their stories always go unheard under the ruckass kicked up by sinking-ship unionists and their unskilled sob stories.

ON a side note; apparently Abbott's daughters are really fucking bitchy. But they're all still boneable.
The problem with WorkChoices was not that it was faulty legislation, it was good IN THEORY...

It's issue was its implementation... being ballsy isn't good enough. Howard's government introduced the Legislation and due to their trouncing of the Labor party in the previous election was able to push the legislation through before the public had any idea what was going on.

Suddenly the nature of Workplace relations in this country had changed... and big sweeping change affecting people's lives does NOT go down well. Also the fact that Workchoices WAS abused by employers the same as previous protections were abused by (for example) lazy workers.

THIS is why it was a problem. It wasn't approached like a broad sweeping change of this nature should have been. With studys and test runs that were shown to the public to be effective. Because it WAS effective... But people needed to know this. They needed to know that the system was more likely to help them than hinder them... unless they were raging thundercunts who were shit at their jobs but couldn't be retrenched because of protections.

And it didn't matter if it was economically sound, the Costello Treasury under Howard was actually despite what many believe, terrible for the economy. It was a hollow "strong" economy with hailed "surpluses" that were just more than the government expected to earn and an excuse to lower taxes despite this not helping at all

aussie-boy

HSC
I am still amazed that this censorship crap made it off the ground, certainly not in the intrest of the public, except maybe angry mothers and femenists
I reckon its just a vote winner to be dumped after the election

Polling has shown that over 2/3 of Aussies support the idea internet censorship - as if a politician would not capitalise on this

Give Rudd some credit; he's an intelligent guy and I reckon will be prepared to tell conroy to get fucked should this idea have any actual traction in the future

Plus, he has more important stuff to deal with, like the nationalised education/health systems and the ETS

HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon its just a vote winner to be dumped after the election

Polling has shown that over 2/3 of Aussies support the idea internet censorship - as if a politician would not capitalise on this

Give Rudd some credit; he's an intelligent guy and I reckon will be prepared to tell conroy to get fucked should this idea have any actual traction in the future

Plus, he has more important stuff to deal with, like the nationalised education/health systems and the ETS
Prolly cos 2/3 of Aussies can't use a fucken computer.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
WorkChoices.
How did WorkChoices affect you, Neil?

EDIT: If there is one thing an increase in workplace flexibility does not do, it's destroy jobs. Yes, some people may have been sacked because the business was tanking, but they would have lost their jobs in the long run anyway when the auditors came in, and there were more jobs opening up in other sectors of the economy because it was now cheaper to hire workers.

Last edited:

johnnydepp

HSC
i still maintain that the recent lot of politicians are absolute shite

bring back the keatings and the howards

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
There are always arguments for and against everything. Some say Howard's government only maintained good economic growth because they rode the mineral boom. Perhaps its because they wanted to give all power to employers to reduce costs of labour to bare minimums. They introduced a GST... which sucks. A lot. But still maintained one of the highest taxation rates of the developed world. Better than America, though.

What Rudd's trying to do now is look like he's doing something for the press in an election year. I guarantee you, nothing will happen this year policy wise. It'll all be about safe, very popular moves to reel in some votes. Legal drinking limit won't rise. Nothing great will happen to the hospitals or education systems because they have no incentive to do so if they lose out in the election. This fuckin' "MySchool" website bullshit Gillard is pumping out to moronic parents is the inception to the retardation of our education system. But hey! It's popular, so it gets done.

I think Rudd is stupid if he's going to censor the internet. It'll just give proxy's and computer d00ds stuff to capitalise on for profit's sake. More power to them, I say. Still a sight better than misogynistic, hypocritical Abbot, though.

0bs3n3

HSC
The problem with WorkChoices was not that it was faulty legislation, it was good IN THEORY...

It's issue was its implementation... being ballsy isn't good enough. Howard's government introduced the Legislation and due to their trouncing of the Labor party in the previous election was able to push the legislation through before the public had any idea what was going on.

Suddenly the nature of Workplace relations in this country had changed... and big sweeping change affecting people's lives does NOT go down well. Also the fact that Workchoices WAS abused by employers the same as previous protections were abused by (for example) lazy workers.
They did not suddenly spring it on people, iirc correctly WorkChoices as we know it was actually an amendment to an earlier bill introduced in about 1997.

0bs3n3

HSC
There are always arguments for and against everything. Some say Howard's government only maintained good economic growth because they rode the mineral boom. Perhaps its because they wanted to give all power to employers to reduce costs of labour to bare minimums. They introduced a GST... which sucks. A lot. But still maintained one of the highest taxation rates of the developed world. Better than America, though.
GST was just an overhaul of a value-added tax that was already in place but was extremely inefficient. Not sure, but because of the improved efficiency I think you probably save money in the long run.

absorber

HSC
Fucking Labour. Perfectly willing to sell uranium to Russia and China but not fucking India. Jesus Christ.
I'm alarmed that so many people hate Rudd whenever I think about the alternative. Rudd's had a couple of stupid policies, such as the internet censorship and the (poorly managed) 'education revolution', but face it people, he's better than Abbott, and if you think you need to vote abbott in to realise this, you should be ashamed

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I'm alarmed that so many people hate Rudd whenever I think about the alternative. Rudd's had a couple of stupid policies, such as the internet censorship and the (poorly managed) 'education revolution', but face it people, he's better than Abbott, and if you think you need to vote abbott in to realise this, you should be ashamed
Please provide evidence as to why he's better than Abbott, rather than wishy-washy personal attacks, or shut the fuck up and let the adults speak.

absorber

HSC
i still maintain that the recent lot of politicians are absolute shite

bring back the keatings and the howards
John Howard was more than absolute shit, I am ashamed to say he was ever our Prime Minister. Just putting it out there.

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
lol

You really think that they are doing that bad a job? Think back to like 5 years ago, liberals didnt do too well, there were reasons that Howard lost his seat entirely, Abbot was standing behind him saying how great everything was as people were being fucked over.

"electrocute tradesmen" this issue was the private sectors fault. Hiring stupid people that do stupid things, that ends in stupid mistakes, not like thats ever happened before.

Fucking idiots are fucking us over.
I'm not big on either major party, I'm usually a Liberal supporter but their across the country is lacklustre atm (Heard of any NSW shadow ministers? Didn't think so :p). Labor doesn't go well with me, I look at them for the lols, like that funny chap Mark Latham. Tbh I reckon Johnny was doing a better job than the fear-mongerers portrayed, the economy went along fairly smooth so that's not too bad.

The reason that Howard lost his seat was the peasants picked up their hammers and sickles and chased him out.

I acknowledge that Peter Garrett did not personally go out and light up houses and plugging tradees into the wall, but the government should have accounted for the idiots that may be hired through this scheme. It was not thought out as well as it should have been. Poor policy relying on poor quality workers, it was a stunt to try and get the greenies onside and make it look like the government's putting money into the community.

The term "Fucking Labor" stands.

(Still not talking about Tony Abbott)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)