fuck that was easy (1 Viewer)

vas

OMG MODERN HISTORY IS OVER.....SUCH AN EASY TEST
the germany question was from the trial
and my indo china weas an assessment we did

BEST FUCKING EVER

amyb

Yeah, i know. My russia question was one we did an assessment task on, and the Pacific question..well to be truthful, i only learnt the day before, so it was in my head. And the Source WWI questions..gosh, i never thought they'd make an exam so easy, especially modern.
I am VERY glad.

Benno

HSC
I agree, much easier compared to the last 2 years, much better than 2001 !

Alexander

Gold Member
i still have a funny feeling we're some kind of guinne pigs for a new evil bos plan to scale them to the poo house

amyb

Yeah Alexander, quite probably that's the case...never count on the BOS to actually be fair or nice. But, with the questions being, well, rather general, not really calling on any degree of major detail, it may be an attempt to separate those who can recall general stuff from those who can incorporate minute detail, with quotations...just a thought anyway.

jpol

that was the best exam ever....there were 3 topics in my head i knew i could write about perfectly before the exam- tonkin, depression and weimar, and the end of ww2 and the essays were two of them! id done tonkin for an assessment task, as well as for history extension (before i dropped it) so i got 11 pages on it. i was so happy with that test....now ive only got german and pretension english to go!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
those that will get the higher marks will be those that attempted to include historiography. Also, if the board deems it to be an easier test than in previous years, marks will be scaled down. Don't get your hopes up just yet....

Ringo

I studied two areas in-depth - German Society/Culture and the 1967 war for Arab Israeli

so what do they ask??

I think this exam will be scaled very badly this year - just compare the WW1 sections

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
the scaling of the exam has nothing to do with how easy it is.. it depends on how everyone goes overall..

the Board doesnt scale marks anyway, they align them depending on how people met the criteria for each band.. if the exam was easy, it might mean that we are just real good at modern, and heaps of ppl could get high marks.. or it might just feel easy for people, and they mightnt hav done as well as they think..

either way, its over..

Ringo

Originally posted by Nick
the scaling of the exam has nothing to do with how easy it is.. it depends on how everyone goes overall..
correct me if I'm wrong....

The easier an exam is, the better people will do in it....

*duh*

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
overall means over all of their 10 units..

*duh*

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
because that is how they determine the scaled mean of the EXAM.. they look at how the candidature goes overall their 10 units, do some shit with stats etc, and thats how they measure teh capability of the people doing that subject, ie people doing 4u maths would generally do pretty well overall, which is why it has a high scaled mean.

it wouldnt be particularly fair to just scale it low cos its an easy test,

Ringo

because that is how they determine the scaled mean of the EXAM.. they look at how the candidature goes overall their 10 units, do some shit with stats etc, and thats how they measure teh capability of the people doing that subject, ie people doing 4u maths would generally do pretty well overall, which is why it has a high scaled mean.

it wouldnt be particularly fair to just scale it low cos its an easy test,
uh..... yeah it would lol

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
they look at how the candidature goes overall their 10 units, do some shit with stats etc, and thats how they measure teh capability of the people doing that subject, ie people doing 4u maths would generally do pretty well overall, which is why it has a high scaled mean.
Actually, what you just described is how UAC does it, not BOS. BOS judges how tough/easy the test was a scales marks to try and make them comparable/equivalent to other years.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
yeah, thats what im talking about..

ur BOS marks arent really as important if u wanna go to Uni, they are usually higher than UAC marks tho..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)