fuck what should i do? (1 Viewer)

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
I got an offer to study BCom at USYD but I don't know if I should accept it. How hard is the maths in this course? Would I be able to pass if I didn't study maths in y11-12? Please be realistic.

I'm considering studying at MQ – BCom – Professional Accounting.. the only mathsy subjects include statistics and microeconomics. But would MQ's stat and micro be on the same level as USYD or easier?

I hear microeconomics is mainly essays at MQ. Is this also the case @ usyd?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The mathematics in microeconomics is not difficult. As far as I'm concerned, 2 unit maths is all that is needed.

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
the thing is, I didn't study 2 unit. I studied general maths but that's more like year 9-10 maths. T_T

thanks for the UOS's btw.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
You can also do a bridging course?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I forgot about those.. do bridging courses go towards the WAM?
are they really helpful?
No.

If you didn't do any 2U, then I'm sure it will.

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
No.

If you didn't do any 2U, then I'm sure it will.
thanks for the help ozko. I appreciate it.

but yeah, if anyone only studied general maths/no maths in hsc, please do tell me how you went in usyd's bcom. I'm thinking about majoring in accounting but some first year subjects and the corp. finance subject looks quite hard.

ochaguy

HSC
I'm doing BCom at UNSW and I did 0 units of HSC maths without a bridging course.

- Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division (and some logic) are all you need for 1st year accounting
- Micro/macro-economics is mainly essay based. You might need to revise some coordinate geometry/ linear graphing for the models and graphs but that's as hard as it gets.
- Quantitative analysis is the one that will get you. Though that's more of an BEco subject. You will need calculus for that.
- And pretty much everyone is in the same boat for Statistics, since advanced statistics isnt in the HSC

If you want to major in finance or business economics in BCom, you're going to have to put some work into calculus and integration. But Usyd should have peer to peer classes and the like to help you out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)