FUCKING A - Spice Girls World Tour (1 Viewer)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
BRITISH pop group the Spice Girls, who made "girl power" a buzzword for a whole generation of teenagers, are getting back together for a one-off world tour.

The 1990s all-female band, one of the most successful acts in pop music history, said today they will play 11 dates on six continents in December 2007 and January 2008.

Victoria Beckham, Geri Halliwell, Melanie Brown, Melanie Chisholm and Emma Bunton appeared together at a press conference in London to break the news, a move pre-empted by an announcement on their website.

"We wanted to say thank you to our fans. It just feels very right for us," said Chisholm.

Beckham, wife of former England football captain David Beckham, said there would be a "huge creche" provided to accomodate the seven children the women will have produced by then.

"Our priority is going to be our families. We want to have fun. That's one of the many reasons for this, for our children to see what we used to do," she said.

She added that her husband, whose fame has eclipsed her own in recent years, would be joining her and their children on tour, adding: "I'm going to be the cool one in the family for once!"

"Posh", "Ginger", "Scary", "Sporty" and "Baby", as the thirtysomething multi-millionairesses were known, stressed they would not be reuniting for good.

And neither will they be performing at Sunday's memorial concert for the late princess Diana in London because Bunton is about to give birth.

First stop on the tour is Los Angeles on December 7. It will then go to Las Vegas, New York, London, Cologne, Madrid, Beijing, Hong Kong, Sydney and Cape Town before ending at Buenos Aires on January 24, 2008.

With organisers expecting high demand for tickets, fans face putting their names into a lottery for the chance to see the group, although their website adds that extra dates may still be announced.

The Spice Girls sold over 50 million records worldwide and scored nine British number one singles in the 1990s.

They formed in 1994 after their management company placed a newspaper advertisement.

Their first hit, Wannabe in 1996, was followed by a string of others including Stop, Spice Up Your Life and Say You'll Be There.

The group became icons of "Cool Britannia" - Britain's booming popular culture scene in the late 1990s - and met figures including Nelson Mandela, Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles, whose bottom Halliwell pinched.

The five coined the phrase "girl power", a never fully defined concept which encouraged their mainly teenage and pre-teenage female fans to be more assertive.

The Spice Girls also spawned a vast range of marketing spin-offs, from their 1997 movie Spiceworld to chocolate, dolls and deodorant.

The band's death knell sounded in 1998, when Halliwell quit, but they only formally split up in 2001.

By then, though, all of the group had forged successful, although short-lived, solo careers.

Beckham was the only member of the group not to secure a British number one on her own.

But today, she is by far the best known of the group - the British press features almost daily stories, many hostile, about "Posh" and her husband, who will move clubs from Real Madrid to LA Galaxy in the United States within days.

Brown, meanwhile, has also been back in the media limelight recently because of a paternity battle with Hollywood actor Eddie Murphy, who she claims is the father of her baby daughter, Angel.

The Spice Girls' announcement comes after another 1990s teen band, Take That, launched a successful comeback last year, although without founder member Robbie Williams.

Geri Halliwell, 34, insists the reunion is going to be like a "one night stand", and says the girl group want to "celebrate the past" and are not getting back together for good.

Geri, who left the band in 1998, told BANG Showbiz: "It's a bit like a one night stand - it's not forever.

"We want to celebrate the past, enjoy being together and say thank you to our fans."

She added: "It feels like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and I've got the golden ticket! It's so exciting. It was like I got divorced and now I have fallen in love with my ex-husband again."

Victoria, who has three sons with soccer ace David Beckham, insisted: "There is a big difference between celebrating the past and getting back together. We are here to do a tour and that's all.

"Our priority is our families. We are doing this for our kids so they can see what we do. We are going to have a huge creche for all the children. I am so excited about this tour - I might get to be the cool one in the family for once!"

The girl band also said they can't wait to don their famous old outfits again.
Mel B revealed: "I will be wearing leopard skin and Geri will have her Union Jack dress on."

Mel C added: "I want to wear my tracksuit again. I will be going down the market looking for a shell suit. Hats off to our characters."

Victoria insists the band have still retained their old images and their style hasn't changed since they split in 2001.

She said: "We didn't know what we would all be wearing, but we look the same as we used to. We still have the same images and they haven't really changed."

Emma Bunton added: "It's just a grown-up version."
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,23663,21987955-10388,00.html?CMP=KNC-google

:santa:

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
katietheskatie said:
holy fuck

i seriously want to go and i'm not even kidding
This is no joking matter.

This is the fucking SPICE GIRLS.

I'm going to be crushed if I don't get tickets (which, sadly, is almost definitely how it's going to play out.) :(

HSC
come on spice girls, you know you want to come and play on the gold coast. i can't bring myself to travel a thousand kilometres to see a band let alone one i was obsessed with when i was like 9 :(

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
I'm buying 8 tickets to scalp.

I usually hate music ticket scalpers.....

but spice girls arent music :santa:

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
i REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see them... but i'll be in the UK when they're here. :( :( :(

i remember i had a huge tantrum and was distraught for quite a few weeks when they played in istanbul because i had been in turkey JUST before that concert. what are the odds that i should miss them like that not once but twice? :mad1:

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
everyone knows the spice girls are not real singers or musicians, including them! but as if that wouldn't be the most awesome and fun concert ever! i don't care that their songs are fluffy pop and they can't even really dance that well - they never pretended to be anything better than fun and entertaining women.

HSC
i remember watching their istanbul concert on tv when i was like 10 or something haha

who do you think you are is still an awesome song :eek:

cccclaire

HSC
very excited.

i saw them when i was like 8 and they were filming for the spice girls movie in sydney harbour.

My friends are already discussing who is dressing up as which spice girl for the concert.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
hehe everyone who goes are going to be in their late teens! i had the sporty spice barbie..it was SO COOL!!! but i have no idea where it is now.. =( probably sitting in the corner all mouldy.

*Buttercup*

HSC
cccclaire said:
My friends are already discussing who is dressing up as which spice girl for the concert.
haha me too. im being scary. i still have the shoes.

T

trolloutaface

I saw this on the news yesterday and I was like omgomgomg the Spice girls :eek:

I better be there.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
i actually wouldn't mind going either. it'll never happen again.

HyPnOtiSeD

be my bad boy ...
HSC
I really want to go!
I havent heard about tickets going on sale yet for their Sydney show! I just looked on their website and during January when they were supposed to be in Sydney, they have added in extra shows in the UK! No longer is Sydney listed in their tour dates :(

Does anyone know whether they are actually still coming here?

http://www.thespicegirls.com/facts/tour

HSC
yeah but they had to reschedule the dates, 'cause they're doing like millions of shows in england as well or some shit

so it'll probably be the end of next year apparently

renzieroo

HSC
anyone know anything about tickets yet?! i'm shitting myself. i want them soo bad. i dont even care if they are back row. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)