Full marks (2 Viewers)

kitten_16_1987

hey i dont understand how teachers tell us its impossible for us in standard to get a band 6 in the hsc for english..if all the advanced and standard papers are marked together..how would they know?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
It's not impossible. One student managed it last year.

(After all papers are marked, the marks for each course are separated for the purposes of reporting.)

kitten_16_1987

Originally posted by SKA
woot i failed my half yearly
I came 2nd in the yr for the half yearli's :D gotta A..ha i didnt even study for it and i done it the night b4..i always do better in assignments and exams when i cram..and i always fail when i study..take for instance legal..i work my ass off and i always get either a C or D

kitten_16_1987

Originally posted by Lazarus
It's not impossible. One student managed it last year.

(After all papers are marked, the marks for each course are separated for the purposes of reporting.)
One student...damn..well im screwed lol..

C

CaR

well...with the "scaling thing"...i dont find a huge difference with advanced and standard english...
i guess for those who are eager to get band 6's can make transfers to advanced english (if they could @.@)...but would they bound to get a band 6?

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
Originally posted by CaR
well...with the "scaling thing"...i dont find a huge difference with advanced and standard english...
i guess for those who are eager to get band 6's can make transfers to advanced english (if they could @.@)...but would they bound to get a band 6?
true true... the scaling for advanced english is only a little better than standard. It's just the candidates for advanced are.. well, more advanced so they get a higher mark
i tried doing advanced before and i felt really stupid cuz i was well under average.
In my standard class...guess what~ top of the grade!...well, almost anyway

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by mushroom_head
true true... the scaling for advanced english is only a little better than standard.
I thought the scaling for both were the same. Hasn't this been pointed out before?

kow_dude

HSC
I'm sure if schools like James Ruse and Sydney boys/girls did standard english, then we would have more band 6's

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
kow_dude said:
I'm sure if schools like James Ruse and Sydney boys/girls did standard english, then we would have more band 6's
Not necessarily, even though JR are ranked highest in the state. Cant be sure of anything.

smallcattle

HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Not necessarily, even though JR are ranked highest in the state. Cant be sure of anything.
true, someone might suck at maths while other poeple may suck at science

no one is perfect :cool:

Dr_Doom

HSC
our years average is the lowest it's ever been in English. They thought maybe the teachers were marking too hard, or we all just suck :p

Dr_Doom

HSC
Yeah. But I think they are trying to overcome it. Because we cannot write our names in the exam, we write student numbers. So they have to mark fairly... But for section three they would know they are marking a standard paper, because standard was the only one doing physical journeys. I can just see them going
"Oh another physical journey paper.. Oh look at the time.. I'll just give this paper a 6/10."
They might aswell give everyone an estimate! :eek:

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
adv do physical too........
some skools who are adv do physical soo.. dats evidence?

lol, well lets hope they increase the band 6 numbers... i am aiming for band 6 or high band 5....

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
~Sw33ti3~ said:
adv do physical too........
some skools who are adv do physical soo.. dats evidence?

lol, well lets hope they increase the band 6 numbers... i am aiming for band 6 or high band 5....
You must be able to memorise your techniques and express yourself in a sustained and confident manner like me to achieve a rank of 8/95 in Standard English.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
James Ruse people do Physical Journeys as well....

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Trebla said:
James Ruse people do Physical Journeys as well....
And if the English Standard students of James Ruse (if any) study Phsyical Journeys as their Area of Study, that's one group I can blame after my HSC for a lower result than I expect.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
f3nr15 said:
And if the English Standard students of James Ruse (if any) study Phsyical Journeys as their Area of Study, that's one group I can blame after my HSC for a lower result than I expect.
You're in luck, no one in James Ruse does English Standard because it isn't offered. St George Girls (or Sydney Grammar depending on the year) is the highest ranked school to offer English Standard.

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
f3nr15 said:
You must be able to memorise your techniques and express yourself in a sustained and confident manner like me to achieve a rank of 8/95 in Standard English.
hey, i'm in top 5.... and plus, i write prepared essays... i get them marked, refined over and over again until they are succinct, and gets me good marks (eg trials).... plus i have a rather alright cramming memory so i can memorise it word for word the morning b4, and forget it in a months time...

so dat is how i'm aiming for a band5/6! and i am sure i am confident. mayb not too confident like higher selectives, but hey, mine isn't 2 bad (harrass and performance wise), so mayb a band 5/6 mite be realistic.....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)