Full-on Horror flicks (1 Viewer)

fantasia

HSC
i find them slash em up movies quite disturbing(eg ichi the killer if you've seen it). it's just too gory for my handling, unlike movies that are more psychologically scary rather than graphically.

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
fantasia said:
i find them slash em up movies quite disturbing(eg ichi the killer if you've seen it). it's just too gory for my handling, unlike movies that are more psychologically scary rather than graphically.
haha ichi the killer, that was more like a comedy, gorey action movie

Namlet

The Yellow Pirate!
HSC
Hm...Evil Dead series is GOLD. Bruce Campbell, lol. They're making Evil Dead 4 so it should be pretty funny. Oh, an asian horror/comedy I loff is ZOMBIE ROCK. Haha, anyone seen it?

Nam - Desensitized from Horror movies since 1995...

HSC
white noise was kinda scary, there were a few bits that scared the crap outta me.
some of those 'scare tactics' were predictable, but most werent

HSC
Emily Rose was a joke. GOTHIKA IS THE BIGGEST JOKE. I'm easily scared so if you're not, don't bother wasting the money to see it. It's just a court drama with a few weird flashbacks

Saw is bloody awesome. Saw 2 will be bloody awesome ( I hope) I REALLY WANT TO SEE IT *twitch

The japanese have a knack of making scares-the-shit-out-of-you movies.

But uh -.- I don't know what ones there are. Battle Royale (1, don't touch 2) has a twisted concept (kids killing each other to decrease the japanese population)and I think is worth a watch.

White Noise sounds like a pretty good movie too.

has anyone seen Hide and Seek with Dakota Fanning? Is it good?
What about Boogeyman (gah.. children...)?

HSC
Lundy said:
On that note I think the closest any film has come to scaring me lately is the Japanese Ring. The original Dark Water was quite creepy too.
Dark Water... that's the movie name I was trying to think of. No fucking WAY am I watching that.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
The original Dark Water had one very scary scene towards the end, other than that it was just creepy. Great movie though, much better than Ringu imo.

Luke_D

HSC
SilveryNightsky said:
Emily Rose was a joke. GOTHIKA IS THE BIGGEST JOKE. I'm easily scared so if you're not, don't bother wasting the money to see it. It's just a court drama with a few weird flashbacks

Saw is bloody awesome. Saw 2 will be bloody awesome ( I hope) I REALLY WANT TO SEE IT *twitch

The japanese have a knack of making scares-the-shit-out-of-you movies.

But uh -.- I don't know what ones there are. Battle Royale (1, don't touch 2) has a twisted concept (kids killing each other to decrease the japanese population)and I think is worth a watch.

White Noise sounds like a pretty good movie too.

has anyone seen Hide and Seek with Dakota Fanning? Is it good?
What about Boogeyman (gah.. children...)?
Good to see someone else who's lookin for the same thing as me.

If you're looking for horror, Hide and Seek is a joke. I knew the twist/ending from watching the trailer lol.

I heard about Battle Royale but it sounds just fucked up, not really 'horror' as such. I'm going to see Wolf Creek tomorrow so hopefully that'll be pretty freaky.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Saw is NOT scary, well to me anyway, very fucking awesome movie, but not scary at all.

I guess it's because i found the bad acting amusing (well some of it was bad....'hello....helloo....ANNA' haha when dr gordon says that it sounds so funny) and i laughed everytime i saw the killer guy coz who the fuck is gonna take a clown mask with puffed cheeks and targets on the puffed cheeks seriously??? (on screen anyway)

im looking forward to saw 2

wolf creek is pretty scary, i think its because of the whole true story in AUSTRALIA thing.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Audition is the scariest Japanese movie I have ever seen bar none. Not really psychologically scary, or even monster-jump-from-behind-curtain scary.. it's just visceral. Painful to watch, in a good way.

hipPo3

HSC
Deffinately looking forward to Saw 2 ..
Saw 1 was awesome .. such a twist at the end, i didn't expect it commin .. was soo gooooood.

The only movie that made me jump (EVER!!) has been Chainsaw texas Massacre .. it wasn't scary ... but there were sooo many bursts of random lurking which made the chicks behind me scream their heads off.

Haven't seen wolfe creek .. but i want to.

HSC
Luke_D said:
Good to see someone else who's lookin for the same thing as me.

If you're looking for horror, Hide and Seek is a joke. I knew the twist/ending from watching the trailer lol.

I heard about Battle Royale but it sounds just fucked up, not really 'horror' as such. I'm going to see Wolf Creek tomorrow so hopefully that'll be pretty freaky.
mm, I'm not really looking for horror, just a concept that sends chills down my spine. Not the "OmFGE(I#$_# something's going to happen *DIES" or the "BOO! haha scared'ja" but a concept that'll get me saying "okay that's pretty fucked up."

like seeing innocent little kids killing each other with random weapons (GO the rubbish can lid), or psychological thrillers.

damn I still have to watch se7en, just for the sake of it lol.

....right I never saw myself posting in a 'full on horror' thread. Ever. No seriously, I scare SO easily.

Luke_D

HSC
SilveryNightsky said:
mm, I'm not really looking for horror, just a concept that sends chills down my spine. Not the "OmFGE(I#$_# something's going to happen *DIES" or the "BOO! haha scared'ja" but a concept that'll get me saying "okay that's pretty fucked up."

like seeing innocent little kids killing each other with random weapons (GO the rubbish can lid), or psychological thrillers.

damn I still have to watch se7en, just for the sake of it lol.

....right I never saw myself posting in a 'full on horror' thread. Ever. No seriously, I scare SO easily.
I getcha. Fair enough :)

I saw Wolf Creek this arvo thinking it was going to be pretty scary but it's pretty piss week as far as horror films go. Disturbing? yes. Scary? no. You'd probably like it SilveryNightsky. It was a good movie though.

HSC
Luke_D said:
I getcha. Fair enough :)

I saw Wolf Creek this arvo thinking it was going to be pretty scary but it's pretty piss week as far as horror films go. Disturbing? yes. Scary? no. You'd probably like it SilveryNightsky. It was a good movie though.
not 18 =p no fakey either. SIGH.

Stan..

HSC
Cult movies are usually pretty good. However, most of them are about as crap as the stuff being released at the major movie chains. I would recommend Evil Dead.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Saw i really didn't find all the scary.. Disgusting and weird.. but not too scary.

One movie that sticks in my mind- although i was little and probably if I watched it today I wouldn't be as freaked.. But i can remember the bits that scared me shitless. I used to cling to my chair in horror. (sister loved the movie and always watched it on video and god knows why i stuck around to see it again )

Laurence Fishburne and Sam neil in

"Event Horrizon"

god damnit. Scary. -nodnod-

kinda old probably early 1990's- but still good.
Its set in space, on a space station.. and nightmares become reality in one part of the space station that they are all lured too individually or something
-tires to remember-

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
wolf creek scared the holy hell out of me.i was this close to vomiting, especially the fingers and the head on a stick bit. that was the first horror movie in like forever and a day thats REALLY gotten to me.

HSC
Has anyone seen Chucky/Child's Play, or whatever it's called. Is it a joke or is it actually pretty damn freaky? Because I really need to get over this dummy/doll/clown phobia of mine... but I'm worried that it'll scare the living daylights out of me and I end up in a coma. That'd make matters worse, hey.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Child's Play was pretty stupid. I think its main problem was in the character of Chucky. There's just no mystery about the little bastard. He has the voice and mannerisms of a regular Hollywood street thug, so it's difficult to be terribly terrified. A lot of people seem to disagree with me though. I watched it for the same reason as you, and it worked like a charm. "The Dollmaster", an Asian horror flick, is a much better bet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)