• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Fully Sic Bro, CAR WORLD (3 Viewers)

m3h_m3h

HSC
M-THIS: i got a 3A Racing Pod, and a Simota intake pipe. both these r specifically designed for my car. for ur intake, u'll need to find one that fits ur car or its gonna be a bitch to install.
mine was piss easy coz my friend helped me, but on honda's it's quite tedious if u dont kno wat ur doing. soo much useless crap in the engine bay. i still gotta take off my front bar and remove some stupid air box kinda thing that just does a loop, doesnt go anywhere and doesnt let air in from anywhere. then ill prob box my pod up and whack on some pvc pipin to it to get some cold air induction :D. the intake and pod sound frickin awesome on my car wen vtec kicks in. i dunno about others, but it has made a difference on my car.

Nguyen

No need to write stuff like 'i guess anything you read off the internet must be right' cos I never assumed that (apart from the times that Honda quoted).
Did you not just contradict yourself there? Official sites use them figures as a marketing ploy to attract buyers.

Apart from me searching on the Honda.com.au which I have not found any 0 - 100 times, care to point me in the right direction where you got the 0 - 100 time from?

Does a bunch of videos make it any more believable? The track comes down to the driver much more than a 0-100 or quarter mile time, there's too many variables, mainly involving the skill of the driver.
Of course videos make it more believable because you're actually seeing factual proof of it being run across the 1/4 mile rather than a few numbers and letters on a site or piece of paper. Unless it's a timeslip from eastern creek or something.

We all know by now the Type R is slower on the straight, but who in their right mind even bother buying a Type R if you want to win in a straight line, and that's all you ever talk about. Who's faster in a straight line.

Almost the same shit as to who has the longer penis.

Seeing a video of PROFESSIONAL RACE DRIVERS race around the track is an indication just how good the Type R is. All of them are skilled, so what exactly is there not to believe?

They push these cars to the limits, and it's being filmed for the rest to watch.

"only to be overtaken in the straights by the S15 thanks to it's 2.0L compared to the 1.8L of the DC2R. " Using this kind of logic, stock Holden Commodores would be very fast cars (some of them are 5L and above). Somehow I think its got something more to do with the whole engine rather than simply its capacity.
Nope, I would consider also the gear ratios, drivetrain layout and capacity helps to an extent. Since V8 commodores does overtake a WRX after both are at 110km/h stock for stock.

Yeh, maybe I'll check out Best Motoring, it sounds good. But one thing, you said that generally NSXs, EVOs and GTRs (im assuming you mean nissan GTR, not mazda GTR) win, well, they are in a completely different class to a WRX. Put as much money it costs for an evo, nsx or gtr into a wrx and then compare them maybe. Remember I was comparing the WRX to the type-r, not to anything else.
Some were STi version of the WRX being raced yet still comes 2nd last or last, now aint that just a bummer.

one other thing, "you gotta love being in vtec territory while the 200s are waiting for boost to kick in"?? Do you maybe mean the other way around?
So when exactly would u be in vtec territory whilst the s15 is still in lag ?
Nah, I meant the way it was stated.
Both going into a turn downshifting using heel and toe technique, the type R just has the edge from no lag power delievery of its engine, since it has a close gearing 5 speed in the DC2R then it's always in the highend where the power is.
While the S15 is probably waiting for full boost the Type R has power ready to go.

N

ND

Originally posted by Nguyen
Some were STi version of the WRX being raced yet still comes 2nd last or last, now aint that just a bummer.
Don't forget though, the wrx is a rally car, not a road car. Put them on the dirt and see who wins (i gotta defend the rexy's :D ). Heheh actually i think i already pulled out that defense in another thread a while ago.

Nguyen

Originally posted by ND
Don't forget though, the wrx is a rally car, not a road car. Put them on the dirt and see who wins (i gotta defend the rexy's :D ). Heheh actually i think i already pulled out that defense in another thread a while ago.
But then how do you explain why the Evolution is alot much better on the Road if its also in the WRC? :p

But Subaru are doing fine in the WRC so it's all good.

Last edited:
N

ND

Originally posted by Nguyen
But then how do you explain why the Evolution is alot much better on the Road if its also in the WRC? :p
Mitsubishi in the WRC? Where? (you're living in the past :p ).
Nah we'll see next year. :D

Patricio

UNSW Member
I'm sorry I can't find the exact site I got the 0-100 time from, but it was from the Integra Subsite of the Honda one..
I -think- it was somewhere off here, if not, I'll try find it again next time I have a chance - it wasn't off the first page of the type-r site or anything..
http://www.honda.com.au/showroom/integra/integra+type+r/index.htm
If its not there, I'll find it later -I was just happy to finally find a quoted time actually from Honda.

did I contradict myself? Nope, I said I didn't back the times up with websites EXCEPT for the Honda site...and yeh, IF it is a marketing ploy, then they will quote FASTER times than they really have, so if anything that would be detrimental to what I'm saying...

Now when I made that comment about the videos, I was referring to the races you were talking about, not quarter mile times. Of course videos are going to be better evidence for quarter mile times I agree with you completely. I was replying to when you wrote about Best Motoring etc in terms of proving a cars racing value...

I only started talking about straight-line speed when someone started talking about how fast Hondas were. I'm not -that- into straight-line speed either. If it was all about that everyone would own a Holden Gemini with a turbo rotary -sure it'd be fast but good luck with its handling.

The comment about capacity was from you -I was just saying how it sounded a bit weird when you said 'only to be overtaken in the straights by the S15 thanks to it's 2.0L compared to the 1.8L of the DC2R' as if it the only reason it overtook was due to the engine capacity.
What specific model V8 commodore overtakes a WRX after 110 km/h (stock for stock of course) ?

Nguyen

What specific model V8 commodore overtakes a WRX after 110 km/h (stock for stock of course) ?
Maybe I should have worded it better, they'll start to pull on the WRX after 110km/h and gradually but slowly overtake it, by no means fast at all. You'll be reaching into the 200km/h territory before the WRX lose.

But kudos to the MY03 WRX, fastest one out of them all IMO. STi not included.

Patricio

UNSW Member
The bug eyes are on the MY02... O_______O

the MY03 lights aren't that bad (even though the late 90s WRXs imo look a lot better than all the new ones in all areas)..

N

ND

Originally posted by Patricio
The bug eyes are on the MY02... O_______O

the MY03 lights aren't that bad (even though the late 90s WRXs imo look a lot better than all the new ones in all areas)..
Ah ok, yep i think the MY00 looks the best.

ReaveR

HSC
Hmm, I like MY03 better...seems like it has more agressive styling to me. Especially that scoop...so much larger!

I don't know performence wise though, I think MY00 is faster? It's lighter by heaps I think.

Nguyen

Originally posted by ReaveR
Hmm, I like MY03 better...seems like it has more agressive styling to me. Especially that scoop...so much larger!

I don't know performence wise though, I think MY00 is faster? It's lighter by heaps I think.
The MY03 is the quickest WRX out of them all atm, apart from the STi.

ReaveR

HSC
Yeah, I was talking about the STi =p
Guess it's because I play too many games and when I drive, I don't even consider normal WRX's

I am dying for an S15 (200sx for the slow ones, and Silvia for the Dorifto's) at the end of the year... Black with a nice airbrushing on bonnet, cream trim, 3 inch cat back, some nice shiny ass rims, in 19's, 550Injectors- HF Fuel Line- Larger Cooler and Boost the fuk out of it, plus a sound system that will kick arse... should be more than enough!~ Depends where i break the bank.

Already have the paint and sound rigged up 4 installation when i buy the car, but mags and interior will be a bitch...
After that, i think a bit of D1 Drifting will be capable! Cant wait to take it to 200k's on canterbury road at 2 in the morning explaining to the cops that i was just "running her in"! That will be suicide... but at least ill go to hell laughing on the straight and shitting myself around the bends at 100+!

Only thing is that if i get the bitch and finally ship it over (if i get jap spec - Still inquiring) and start doin this shit to it i will have to take the little corrolla to fang sideways... an anxious 2 month wait... but im still wondering whether to blow the corolla? u decide! :D

By the way, thats an R-35 GTR for those who would like to c the son of the Almighty R34 GTR-VspecII (GOD)

ReaveR

HSC
Meh. Put the current series (R34) headlights on it and it would look a damn sight better...

N

ND

Originally posted by Styled n Slick
I am dying for an S15 (200sx for the slow ones, and Silvia for the Dorifto's) at the end of the year... Black with a nice airbrushing on bonnet, cream trim, 3 inch cat back, some nice shiny ass rims, in 19's, 550Injectors- HF Fuel Line- Larger Cooler and Boost the fuk out of it, plus a sound system that will kick arse... should be more than enough!~ Depends where i break the bank.
Why are you going 3" from the cat only? Get a 3" down pipe too, it'll make a significant difference. Also, if i were you, i'd sacrifice the sound system for a new ECU.

By the way, thats an R-35 GTR for those who would like to c the son of the Almighty R34 GTR-VspecII (GOD)
Yukk. I doubt it'll go through though, there have been many concepts for the R35.

Yeh i agree that the R-35 is one ugly monster compared to the current R-34...
By the way RD, i was thinking of getting it mandrel from the engine, swapping stock manifold for a equal length tuned set, but the cost involved is enourmous... also i was thinking of getting a FCon for the car, but the cost at $2 Grand is a bit overdoing it, and i get sound systems really cheap... so i might just piggy back the stock ECU and keep the exaust as a mandrel bent peice from the cat back... cheaper, and its not overdoing it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)