Fully Sic Bro, CAR WORLD (1 Viewer)

M-THIS

yeah good stuff! how's the performance? give you a run sometime! whats the boost on it at the moment? whats the gain after the installation?

yeah i need to get some mags sometime! anyone have any for sale, like in my first bloody post?!?! haha...

N

ND

Running standard boost atm (7 psi i think), when i get the bleed valve (don't have enough for electronic unit) i'll probably run around 10-11 psi. The exhuast should give it another 10-15 kW at the wheels.

edit: forgot to mention it's the CA not the SR.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
*without having read anything else on this thread*

CA? WHAT SORT OF SOFTY ARE YOU? :lol: j/k ;)
Sounds nice, ND.

RIZAL

HSC
ND: You bluddy champion! Lets go out and have a drift session NOW!!!

How much you end up getting the car for? Probably 7-10 i'm guessing? Is it a manny? Is it ex-drift? Make sure you rev that CA like its meant to be revved :) oh and rip off the yucky spoiler too.

Anyway, ND guess what, I don't have a silvia anymore, I have a onevia! me and my mate (who has a 180) swapped front ends. Looks maddd now as it is full drift spec with mismatching paint colours and a bit of drift damage. RB20DET going in this summer shortly followed by FMIC, zorst, bov, boost controller, cooler....all i want is 170 rwkw with a big fat torque curve (for drift of course).

oh yeah i got some rims for sale but they are only 15inch 5 spokes with hardly any rubber on two of them. They are making way for some tastee 18s.

my dream car? At the moment I really wouldn't mind a merc SLR on dubs.

N

ND

It's an auto, i got this because:

- i know it hasn't been thrashed
- manuals with low km's are impossible to find
- quite a bit cheaper

I bought the car for $7000 (83 km's, leather interior, all options except 4 wheel steering [and the cooler fridge thingy], excellent condition), and i got a quote to convert to manual for $1800. For a decent turbo manual it costs about 9000-10000, so it will end up cheaper. I was going to do the conversion 1st thing, but my dad made me an offer - if i keep it auto, he'll buy me a GTR when i'm 20 (he doesn't want me to screw the resale value). Now i'm undecided whether i should convert it or not. If i do, it'll be during stuvac, cos the guy wants the car for 1 wk.

How tough was the front end swap? Personally i prefer the sileighty, but onevia's still rock (gotta find me a friend with a 180).

Oh well no drifting till stuvac (probably good considering i don't have insurance :eek:).

RIZAL

HSC
sounds good man. Definitely a good buy considering 83 k kms and leather interior!

I got some advice:

1. Don't do the manual conversion until after the HSC. Come to think of it, don't drive the car much at all until after the HSC, silvia turbos are addictive.

2. If your Dad is offering to buy you a GTR when you are 20, take the offer. The GTR is a Porsche killer and potential Ferrari killer. It's in a whole new league above the silvia. Make sure you buy stuff for your Silvia which could be transferred onto a GTR.
Dunno about the manual stuffing the resale value though....it would improve it if done by a professional. But don't tell your dad that, keep the auto and keep his deal.

3. Be careful in your first auto turbo car. Don't try drifting in it until you are fully used to the transmission. The auto (like all autos)can sometimes shift mid-drift.

4. Don't worry about insurance. I was quoted $3500 p.a. It's not worth it, especially when panels are in ready supply and they aren't too hard to fix.

But meh, if you are trying to get into med you should be concentrating on HSC and not dreaming up mods for your car :)

The front end swap was not that hard. Me and my mate had no mechanical experience and we did it in two days. Panels literally bolt straight into place. Needed a professional to get the popup motors going. Yeah I agree, sileighty looks better but onevia looks better than silvia. If you are really keen, bolt on the S15 front.

M-THIS

hey... i been getting in to some serious drifting on teh streets lately especially when it has been raining!

bit dangerious though 4 of my friends stacked it in the last month! so i got to be careful...

you guys know anytracks around where i can have some fun!?!

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
mthis - fully sick bro! haha

damn just turned 16 lol

M-THIS

yeah thnaks!

so are you doing yoru HSC this year? or just cam to check out this fully sic car chat thingy!?!?!

you got your Ls?

and whos got their racing license thing? good?

needtostudy

i am into cars =P
i drive a ae86 with 4age, and suspension mods such as coil over suspension, camber tops, sway bars and strut braces, has exhaust system press bend and bride reclineable bucket seat. its negative 2 camber and should be running 15" wheels with 205/50 tyres all around currently only have mix match with 13" at the rear so i m doing dorifto. i am in year 12 and not much people know wtf my car is.

needtostudy

Originally posted by M-THIS
hey... i been getting in to some serious drifting on teh streets lately especially when it has been raining!

bit dangerious though 4 of my friends stacked it in the last month! so i got to be careful...

you guys know anytracks around where i can have some fun!?!
you will find if you go down to adelaide jms (japanese motorsport) hold drift competitions each year, i recommend you not try it on the street if your beginning, best places to begin are roads with patches of grass on the side out of neighbours harm or industrial area at night, what do you classify drift ? do you power slide where u let the rear end loose ?
or 4 wheel drifting where u understeer n oversteer? or a bit of e-brake action i find it hard to hold off my drift in my car cause i have no lsd

Last edited:

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by needtostudy
hey "m-this" is your car a 318i or along those lines or a m3 ?

rofl.. if he had an m3 would he be on a hsc forum? :D

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
and if you're serious about dorifto... get your CAMS licence and head out to the track with a registered club ;)

ok that's my helpful hint for the day.. back to posting nonsense

needtostudy

Originally posted by anti
and if you're serious about dorifto... get your CAMS licence and head out to the track with a registered club ;)

ok that's my helpful hint for the day.. back to posting nonsense
yeah but not like much tracks or people would offer since it cost like $2500 to hire out wakefield, also people that usualy do tracks are for grip racing.

needtostudy

Originally posted by Isaac Reyes
ND: You bluddy champion! Lets go out and have a drift session NOW!!!

How much you end up getting the car for? Probably 7-10 i'm guessing? Is it a manny? Is it ex-drift? Make sure you rev that CA like its meant to be revved :) oh and rip off the yucky spoiler too.

Anyway, ND guess what, I don't have a silvia anymore, I have a onevia! me and my mate (who has a 180) swapped front ends. Looks maddd now as it is full drift spec with mismatching paint colours and a bit of drift damage. RB20DET going in this summer shortly followed by FMIC, zorst, bov, boost controller, cooler....all i want is 170 rwkw with a big fat torque curve (for drift of course).

oh yeah i got some rims for sale but they are only 15inch 5 spokes with hardly any rubber on two of them. They are making way for some tastee 18s.

my dream car? At the moment I really wouldn't mind a merc SLR on dubs.
onevia ? thats awesome too much sil180s around nowadays we need more onevias, u on silviansw and nissansilvia.com ?
by the way i wouldn;t recommend u go rb20 if u had a sr20 if u got the ca18 go for the rb20 as its cheaper, but the sr20 n rb20 is not much difference, run a t28 hi flow through there should be easily kw gains no need for big turbo, u guys are lucky bastards power steering + lsd + power = easy drift my car has non of the features excep its lighter
i would love a late model 180sx type x with s14 or s15 front aww yeah ! i think they made a s15 back with 180sx fronts now looks prety funky.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
i think tracks often subsidise for clubs or large groups... i don't see why they wouldn't
but i don't know, sif i'd bother going to a trackday :)

N

ND

Does yours have a LSD Isaac? Is it only the K's, or the Q's too?

1. Don't do the manual conversion until after the HSC. Come to think of it, don't drive the car much at all until after the HSC, silvia turbos are addictive.
You're right, i can feel my UAI slipping. :eek:

2. If your Dad is offering to buy you a GTR when you are 20, take the offer. The GTR is a Porsche killer and potential Ferrari killer. It's in a whole new league above the silvia. Make sure you buy stuff for your Silvia which could be transferred onto a GTR.
Yeh i think i'll take the offer.

3. Be careful in your first auto turbo car. Don't try drifting in it until you are fully used to the transmission. The auto (like all autos)can sometimes shift mid-drift.
When you put it on 'hold', it stays in gear (using the "manual" gears). But drifting will be harder cos you don't get as much power to the wheels.

But meh, if you are trying to get into med you should be concentrating on HSC and not dreaming up mods for your car
Heheh, that's no fun. :p Actuarial/Economics here i come.

The front end swap was not that hard. Me and my mate had no mechanical experience and we did it in two days. Panels literally bolt straight into place. Needed a professional to get the popup motors going. Yeah I agree, sileighty looks better but onevia looks better than silvia. If you are really keen, bolt on the S15 front.
What colour is the 180 half?

M-THIS

nar i wish i had a M3... i got a 325 E36 (coupe ofcause)... 2.5L 6cylinders

i trying to save up some $$$ to do some lite work on the car... (supercharging)! otherwise heavy work and make a transplant with a 3litre inline 6, twin turbo such as what is in the Soarers (something in the line of the 1JZGTE ).

btw how does the Supra engines run?

does anyone get my name anyway! M-This! haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)