Fundamental Analysis: Marion Energy (MAE) (1 Viewer)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
This is a little beauty I've been holding before it changed its name from Carpenter Pacific Resources (CPC) to Marion Energy (MAE).

It is a gas explorer and producer with operations in Utah and Texas that is focused on a low risk, aggressive drilling strategy to increase its natural gas reserves and get pipeline hookups to the wells its drilling - most wells drilled are close to existing infrastructure and have reserves that have been proven back from when the gas price made it unfeasible to drill at around the $3/mcf mark. Gas prices at present are around $8/mcf and have been as high as $15/mcf.

Current market capitalisation of ~$130 million, but this is most likely undervalued when you consider Marion's natural gas reserves (1TCF or so I believe), their new 35 well drilling program, - double the planned amount of wells to be drilled this calendar year after they just recently announced they made a placement to a Swedish based investment firm for ~$4 million to fast-track the drilling.

With Marion's natural gas reserves and the name change, it has most likely been done as a corporate clean up - that is, they are inviting a takeover play since they are undervalued when you consider their proven natural gas reserves which are increasing. If they have 1TCF of natural gas reserves, it can easily justify a market capitalisation of $4-600 million giving it a share price of $2-$3.50.

I feel this is a great, low risk play with heaps of upside potential. The last week or two shows that Marion is really going to get the ball rolling now, so hopefully it'll be a slow and steady climb as it drills an average of 3-4 wells a month to produce positive news on flow results, increase their natural gas reserves and an eventual takeover offer made at $2+.

I have attached a .pdf file of a major US company which is taking over smaller private firms at US$3.02/Mcfe for proved reserves and US$2.58/Mcfe of 3P (proved, probable and possible) reserves.. so you can see that 1TCF gas for $4-600 million is a a cheap, conservative estimate...

PS. I hold and as always, DYOR and seek advice off a qualified financial advisor to take into consideration your needs, etc. before doing anything.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
And a chart... been in a long, steady uptrend for a while now... I would watch for a continuation breakout and strong subsequent rally after today's action.

hercules007

HSC
Well done Cyph, I like this chart. A bit late for me. I saw the link to this site you posted on HC and registered to read your posts here. Great posts!

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
not bad if it can get those gas.

how long have u held this stock for ?

Last edited:

UGFighter

HSC
Excellent results, another well flowing 1.5million cubic feet per day... share price should be higher in my opinion.

Current prices represent fantastic value for buying or accumulating more in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)