Fundraising Help! (1 Viewer)

Kerno

Hey guys,

We're trying to raise money for our high school formal - does anyone have any good ideas one what to do? We're pretty tired of the whole 'chocolates' thing, it's been done so many times! Help!

C

CaR

krispy kreme...!~
its pretty dull now actually...ive had 3 boxes delivered this year...@.@

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
maybe some stupid stuf, list student vs teacher sports like netball or something (we use that one for project compassion every yr) ...or you could always just roll the juniors n get their lunch money or whatever

MouNtY

we had a "full hectic" dance party and we got mad profits from it even thought the DJ kinda sucked

5c

HSC
do all da normal stuff..
i think my school has a talent quest thing (but da money doesnt go towards da formal i think)
u can do somethign like dat..
last years' year 12 did car washing..

HSC
fundrasing---> formal?...
doesn't the school pay for it?...unless you're fundraising to pay for everbody's tickets..:confused:

HSC
anyway..ideas..
- bbq
- mufti day
- sport competitions..eg touch footy comp
- 'guess how many jelly beans in the jar' type game...

Mojo_Jojo

We also held a disco - the only prob was that we had about ten people kicked out for being drunk and fighting. funny though. at least we got to choose the music.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
dance parties ( like discoes) ,um yeah selling stuff, i am trying to think what else we do! um yeah sorry i cant at the moment

Kerno

Too Lazy -

We're not all that wealthy an area but we wanted to put on a really good formal, and so we want to raise some money to make sure that everyone could afford to go.

Mojo_Jojo -

Lip Balm? Are you sure it works? How much did you guys make??

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

felafel

hmmm here's a few more.

trivia night
slave day - auction people off for a day!
cookieman cookies
krispy kremes
sport competitions - entry fee, pizza and softdrink on finals . . . lotsa money in this one!
spiders (softdrink + ice cream)
battle of the bands - entry fee + food on finals
pancake day (inspired by yummy pancakes on the rocks!)
school dance - with glo sticks, yummy food, and auction (willing) hotties off to dance with people!
cake day - either cheap cakes from home, or cheesecake shop!
nachos day
burger day

well a lot of that happens at my school anyway!

Mojo_Jojo

Kerno,

We bought 200 lip balms off the smudge balm guys and had a stall at lunch times as well as getting some people to sell to their friends. each lip balm cost us $2, we sold them for 4, and made 2 profit. of course, we didn't sell many to the boys but all the girls that i know bought a couple so it was a pretty easy way to make $400 bucks.

lilbubblefish

Yeah, I know of a few schools who are using smudgebalm to fundraise. Lip Balm is pretty popular during this season...
Went to the website, looked pretty interesting!

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
make cakes and sell them.

Thats what without wings did.
I think

:)
*can make cakes*

How much will you pay me to make you cakes?

;)

tabbi_neubeck

minus the neubeck part
HSC
Well in my oppinion you can go past havin' a bbq, you always tend to make a fair bit of money out of those. As a school leader at my school we have come up with plenty of fundraising ideas. So are as follows:

* Leg waxing - some of guys volunterred out of our year group to get their legs waxed. And people could buy a waxing strip and pull it off themself (with a bit of guidance). We found that everyone in the school was willing to get invoved. Even one of our teachers voluterred to have his legs waxed.

* Mufty days - we find this the easiest way to raise money, about $400 garuntteed.

* 100 club - you could always have more numbers if u wished. But generally you just sell each number for about $2 and once they're all sold you draw out a few numbers and award some prizes of your choice.

*Pizza day

* Crazy hair day

* Slave day

*Sporting competitions

* Trivia

* talent show

* match the name to the face - try and get a bunch of photos of teachers when they were younger and set a board up in a room with the photos and names on a wall. People must pay before they walk in the door, even if they do not wish to fill in a form and have a guess.

* car washing

* money line

* how many lollies in the jar

There's tones of things out there.
Though at our school we haven't even thought about raising money for our formal yet, we are still raising money for our two chosen charities for the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)