Further properties of definite integrals (1 Viewer)

WEMG

HSC
I'm completely lost in definite integrals for 4u integration. The textbook is not making any sense to me. The Cambridge textbook is just confusing and the Terry Lee one just gives one single example with no explanations at all.

Could someone kind enough please explain to me briefly the idea of this method/topic or provide me with some notes etc.

Thanks

EDIT: BTW, is 'Further Properties of Definite Integrals' in the syllabus?

Last edited:

WEMG

HSC
Can u explain it to me?

In this example, how did it get from line 1 to line 2? I know how he got (u^2)/(e^-u+1) to (u^2.e^u)/(1+e^u) but what happened to the (-du) and how did he change -2 and 2 to 2 and -2

HSC
N/A
lol thats just standard 2unit property int f(x) dx [ from a ..b ] = - int f(x) dx [ from b..a ]

Last edited:

WEMG

HSC
Lol..... Yep...... Okay thanks got it now

HSC
N/A
when you swap the order of the limits you introduce a negative , this is because instead of your dx being a positive value ( which it is if you go from lowest value to highest value ) , it is a negative value , and think of integration as summing up areas of little rectangles and it is the sum of f(x) dx over the limits

ie the rectangle has height "f(x)" and width "dx" , if dx is negative it is obvious the integral will be negative

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)