Futurama: Bender's Big Score (1 Viewer)

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I just downloaded it from mininova and watched it last night. Truly epic. Outshines the Simpsons movie in every aspect.

Loved the intricate time travel plotlines, and the way it answered question after question left open by the series. Plenty of callbacks to great episodes for the diehard fans too (i.e. me).

5 stars!

codydhu

AdherentFollower
HSC
I saw that futurama had 72 episodes, im sure i haven't seen that many. What seasons has channel Ten screened?
Movie looks good though, Futurama is way better than the Simpsons

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I thought it was great.
I didn't like the numerous callbacks to be honest, it reminded me too much of Family Guy. Like they were intentionally calling out to fans going OMG REMEMBER WHEN THESE GUYS DID SOMETHING? OR HOW BOUT AL GORE? It kind of went over the top after a while, like the reappearance of so many characters was unnecessary (eg: Robot Mafia). And the new characters (the scamming nude guys) were pretty lame.
Also didn't like that the Fry/Leela relationship from the last episode was completely left out. Leela goes after Lars without a second thought to Fry, even though in the last episode it seemed like they were finally gonna get together.
But as usual, the plot was fantastic. Futurama is pretty unmatched when it comes to an awesome plotline, and they failed to disappoint again. Several awesome one liners as per usual, and the Santa's workshop rap with Coolio and Mark Hammil was very very awesome.

Morbo

HSC
Awesome movie! I think the reason why Leela was drawn to Larz was because
SPOILER: Larz was Fry. Didn't like subservient Bender much, although he redeemed himself by the end. Also, it was a shame Zapp Brannigan had only brief air time. And, what does this mean for Nibbler now that they all know he can speak?
Billy West, Katey Sagel and John DiMaggio terrific, as always.
Leela: "What does this mean for all our fans?" - I don't know why I found that so hilarious.
Can't wait for next movie! Anybody know when the DVD will be released in Australia?

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Nibbler can erase memories. Even though he already exited the universe

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
New movie apparently has the following:

The Planet Express crew research the tear in the universe created from the first movie; Kif proposes to Amy, who return to his homeworld to be "married" according to his species' rituals; Prof. Wernstrom returns to fight Planet Express in a game of DeathBall; Fry gets a new polyamorous girlfriend named Coleen (who has four other boyfriends); Fry and others are attached to alien tentacles that came from the tear; Fry becomes a pope of a new religion, and finally the entire population of the Earth "dying" and going off to "heaven" (using escalators) while the robots under Bender inherit the Earth.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
I keep hearing how great this is, but it wasn't. It was barely funny. I enjoyed The Simpsons Movie more.

Jess007

HSC
futurama or simpsons... hrmm i think simpsons arent as funny as futurama in some episodes but then there are really boring eps of futurama...for me im a family guy girl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)