Future applications of Batteries/cells (1 Viewer)

sarge1

HSC
HEy guys,
got an assignment, have to research button, mercury, vanadium redox, lithium and gratzel cells and then in class we r given another and have to compare to all of those. Kind of the backwards way that the syllabus asks....anyway...
ive got most of the info of these cells, the only point im having trouble finding information on is future application of each type of cell.

Does anyone have any ideas of how i could get some info on it? or should i just see how it used in society today and whether there would be a need for it in the future?

and if anyone has any notes or websites that would be helpful here please get back to me...i need help
email is jr_stig@hotmail.com

sarge1

HSC
i checked my text books before posting the thread, im not that stupid or lazy. I have searched wikipedia and google. I use this as a backing when i struggle to find info, not as a place to have my research done for me.

twilight1412

HSC
well wouldnt it be best to describe the current applications? and before moving onto the 'potential' future uses of the batteries?

take the button cell for example
at the moment because of its small size it can be used in small appliences and gadgets. currently used in items such as hearing aids, laser pointers, and tamagotchis(dno if you want to include this one though... there are plenty more)
the button cell in the future has the potiental to power other appliences so on so forth ....

dont know if this was what you were after though by your question....

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
since our society is moving more and more into a environmental conscious world, whether or not the battery has negative environmental impacts will be a big hit...

also, for those batteries which currently has high running cost, in the future, their cost maybe driven down...

sarge1

HSC
alright...so basically i should look at the uses and effects on the environment and society today of each battery, then establish whther technoloy will out date them, the need for a cleaner environment will render them unusable or whether their technology can be advanced and reused etc....
thanx

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yea... but note that you need to consolidate your assertion: that society is moving to a more environmental conscious one...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)