FUTURE STUDENTS of 08 (1 Viewer)

blacksunset

HSC
haha yeah i forgot about it too and then i was like damn, i have to be in the city in like, a few hours.. lol

i didnt even go with my mum, so i had to try and find other people who didnt have parents with them lol

Evilo

HSC
oh you missed it. As i said before, its more of a nerve-reducer/icebreaker event.

Last edited:

kretzy

HSC
Glad I didn't miss anything much then. I just couldn't be bothered driving up from Geelong after having worked all day.

Evilo

HSC
someone asked me before about dress code for the ANU ball. I was wrong - see quote
The Moosheads ANU Ball is held at the ANU Bar on campus. The theme is 'Party Like It's 1989!'. And it will get messy. I wouldnt wear my cocktail dress!

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
Evilo said:
someone asked me before about dress code for the ANU ball. I was wrong - see quote
i wouldn't imagine it would have many people attending then. the ANU bar ain't that big and i doubt it could hold more than 200 people comfortably.

or people know that $50 (the cost of a ticket) could buy a shitload of alcohol from woolies :) get 4 mates together each with $50 and you could get blind drunk at home.. wooo

Evilo

HSC
lol, i won't be going :p

but they did have the anu interhall ball there last year. From memory they open the area around the side (where all the dining tables are). But even then it was tight and dirty.

Speaking of $50 and shitload of alcohol, ANU darts is sponsoring fantasy island. I think i'll have my own anti-fantasy at home lol. /$60 saved.

blacksunset

HSC
god if i dont wear a cocktail dress what is it then.. party like its 1989?? what was worn in 1989 that was when i was born haha

and i guess tight and messy makes u meet new people ey

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
see that's the thing.. if you wear something too formal then you'll look overdressed and probably feel like a tool. remember it's not formal like a formal.. just imagine it as a huge semi-formal party or something.

Eriny

Awesome Member
HSC
I'll be your friend!

I'm leaving on Friday, moving in on Saturday afternoon. This is very exciting/scary.

kretzy

HSC
Tell me about it! It doesn't feel real yet though. I've been packing stuff up most of this evening and I'm going to drive up on Saturday. If I leave 8-9 in the morning I should get there by about 5 or 6 which should be ok.

The thing I'm most worried about is who I'm going to be sharing my apartment with. Its strange moving in with two other people you've never met before.

Evilo

HSC
ooo 1st year nerves and the big exciting move :p
good luck guys :)

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
moved in this afternoon. aaaaaaah it's nice to be home.

oh and ANU bar fit 600ish for interhall ball last year.

michaelll

HSC
Woahhh! seems so weird to be packing all my stuff up!
When we get there, do we just check into our college thingy to get our room?
or is there a complex and bureacratic system which we have to poke around?
How many of u guys are Car-ing up on fri??!

Evilo

HSC
Woahhh! seems so weird to be packing all my stuff up!

yeah it does feel a bit funny (well it did last year)

When we get there, do we just check into our college thingy to get our room?
yeah, just walk up to reception with a bag or so, they give you your key and usually assign someone to take you up to your new room.

or is there a complex and bureacratic system which we have to poke around?
I don't understand? you mean like "asking permission to move in" or something? nah. You're room would have already been assigned.

How many of u guys are Car-ing up on fri??!
I'm coming up half way through the week (because i'm not allowed to go any earlier.

blacksunset

HSC
Eriny said:
I'll be your friend!

I'm leaving on Friday, moving in on Saturday afternoon. This is very exciting/scary.
yay ! im driving up on friday too and moving in on saturday :)
lets hope i dont have to lu the millions of boxes i have up TOO many stairs!

Evilo

HSC
chromaKi said:
You can almost smell the fear, can't you? :p
hahhahaa yeah, perhaps we should scare them a bit. Tell them about these initiations we have which involve hours of physical pain or something :)

But nah its good to be nervous, you guys will love it

HSC
kretzy said:
Tell me about it! It doesn't feel real yet though. I've been packing stuff up most of this evening and I'm going to drive up on Saturday. If I leave 8-9 in the morning I should get there by about 5 or 6 which should be ok.

The thing I'm most worried about is who I'm going to be sharing my apartment with. Its strange moving in with two other people you've never met before.
Yeah... especially if they're 30 year old internationals. Awkward...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)