• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

g-force (1 Viewer)

Dolce

HSC
lol everyone gonna think im a dumbass, but what exactly is g-force. I kinda get it but i dont really understand what the syllabus requires us to know. Just doing an assignment that I've left way too late and now I'm freaking out.

Thanks

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
G force is basically the acceleration due to gravity. It is used to express apparent weight as a proportion of true weight. Its different on different planets and can vary slightly in different places on the earth, because of variences in the density of the earth, at that point.

wanton-wonton

HSC
The term ‘g force’ is used to express a person’s apparent weight as a multiple of his/her normal true weight (weight when standing on surface of Earth). These forces are also called inertial forces because they arise from the body’s inertia or resistance to having its motion changed.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
gravity has a certain force on your body
f=ma
f=m x 9.8

yeh?

say u way 70kg

then the force on your body is about 690 newtons or something

newtons thirds law (equal opp reations)
u push down on the earth at 690 newtons and it pushes back up on u at 690 newtons

g-force is basically measuring a force as multiples of this force gravity ahs on u

so 2 g-forces, means 2 times this normal gravitational force (ie 1380 newtons)
u will experience 2 g-forces wen accelerating at twice the acceleration of gravity (19.8 instead of 9.8)

therefore f= ma
f = 70kg x 19.8

= your 1380 odd newtons

get it?

its just a measure of force as multiples of gravity's force on a mass

Dolce

HSC
Thanks

thanks heaps for all of that, clear as crystal...much better than my text book. Good luck with everything

Toodles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)