Gaddafi dead. (1 Viewer)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
that is literally the only good thing that will come from this

in the what? 40 days? that the Libyan people have been overthrowing the Gadaffi regime, they've already being doing the same shit that they were upset about in the first place

yeah woo freedom in the middle east raping in democracy's name

boris

Banned
HSC
nah i think they will end up alright it will just take another 5 years of factional infighting before there is any progress
same as any other revolution in the history of the world

boris

Banned
HSC
Gaddafi's killer has been named as 18 year old Ahmed Al Shebani. An image of the NTC fighter provided by AFP

boris

Banned
HSC
: Libiyan PM's press conference on. Says Gaddafi was healthy and uninjured when captured. Was subsequently shot dead in the crossfire.

so was he hit in crossfire or was he executed by this young lad

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
nah i think they will end up alright it will just take another 5 years of factional infighting before there is any progress
same as any other revolution in the history of the world
yeah before they really get together and knuckle down what's really important to them

theocracy

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
He should have been trialed and executed. He deserved to die with dignity, he brought prosperity to Libya for 40 years, he deserved at least some respect. I'm not defending his actions, but now to his supporters he would have died as a martyr, and this would result in a cult. Saddam was caught and put on trial. I think Gaddafi deserved the same.

boris

Banned
HSC
He should have been trialed and executed. He deserved to die with dignity, he brought prosperity to Libya for 40 years, he deserved at least some respect. I'm not defending his actions, but now to his supporters he would have died as a martyr, and this would result in a cult. Saddam was caught and put on trial. I think Gaddafi deserved the same.
how is any execution dignified

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I have to say I'm against the way this happened although it would be extremely naive to expect anything else given the circumstances.

It is unsettling when leaders of civilised countries openly tolerate murdering a foreign leader without trial (regardless of the atrocities committed under his rule)

Nothing new though is it

boris

Banned
HSC
its not even unsettling

we openly murder foreigners without trial lol osama

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
They actually had a chance to take this bloke alive though.

But w.e. It's not like anyone had high expectations

boris

Banned
HSC
Osama was killed by trained militia who could have possibly had a chance to capture him alive

Gaddafi was caught by a bunch of rebels who had it out for him - it was never going to end well
im not sure what point you are trying to make

the fact that osama was captured by probably the most highly trained armed force in the entire world and then executed actually makes it a lot worse than gaddafi being executed (not confirmed, some sources say he was hit in crossfire whilst being removed from the front) by some yokels with kalashnikovs

boris

Banned
HSC
They actually had a chance to take this bloke alive though.

But w.e. It's not like anyone had high expectations
they had a chance to capture osama alive
he was unarmed

gaddafi was armed when he was captured, injured whilst being extracted and either killed whilst being extracted or executed

boris

Banned
HSC
so you are just replying to me with essentially what i said in the first place

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
ehhh sorta
Yeah, I don't understand what you were trying to say in the first post.

Anyways, I agree that it is unsettling that so many people can act like his death was positive and justice was severed, etc. but nothing good will really come of it. The country is going to be shit for a few years and he certainly didn't deserve to die without a trial.
But what can you do?

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
I hope Saif al-Gaddafi kills Barack Obama, Sarkozy or David Cameron in retalliation. Just busts in to one of their televised conferences wearing black sunglasses and a leather jacket with Bad to the Bone playing and impales them on the Jamahiriya flag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)