Gah, failing Maths :| (1 Viewer)

SophxMusic

HSC
hey guys so I'm currently in 2U, and maths is definitely not my forte. I have potential to go fairly well in it, like maybe around the 80-85 mark if i really tired, but my problem is wrapping my head around the concepts and motivating myself to actually do it. Any tips on the best ways to summarise and study maths?

Demise

HSC
Practice papers, an 80 is around a 65 so just aim for a bit higher than that.

sillyb3

HSC
N/A
Practice papers, an 80 is around a 65 so just aim for a bit higher than that.
Hey sorry, what do you mean by an 80 is a 65? Do you mean 65 gets scaled to 80....? If so that's awesome :biglaugh:

Demise

HSC
Hey sorry, what do you mean by an 80 is a 65? Do you mean 65 gets scaled to 80....? If so that's awesome :biglaugh:
Maths is easily topped by those that do 3U, but the rest (2U kids that haven't touched 3U), a 60-80 is usually the average, and therefore the scaling is beautifully high. A 62 last year got you an 80, and a 78 got you 90. This year with a newer format, some say it'll be easier others say harder since there are more marks placed to harder questions, so we're looking at around 60-65 being an 80. Just aim for 70/100 and you should be well above the band 5 cut off.

sillyb3

HSC
N/A
Wow, thank you! I was completely freaking out!

Jikky

HSC
Thanks for creating this thread, the future looks brighter now! I'm failing too, but only to the fact I haven't studied, ever. Good luck to you - good to know scaling is on deck.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

john rey

HSC
N/A
I think knowing how scaling work make me less motivated.... hmmmmmmmm Actually im doing bad at maths .. so hopefully ill get around 70 or not 60

Capt Rifle

HSC
Practice a crap load of past papers, study each formula make sure you understand the function of every variable. Then you will know when to apply the formula. All HSC math exams follow a very similar structure, that's probably the awesome thing about HSC maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)