Gah Monologues!! (1 Viewer)

pretty.in.punk

Totally The Bomb...
HSC
hey there,

ok question: wtf do i need to do to get my hands on a decent monologue??? my teacher has found me one, but i dont want to settle for the first thing i read but i cant seem to find any decent monologues online...do you guys know of any decent sites?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
agreed, i wouldn't go for internet monologues if i were you. read some plays and monologue books to find characters you'd be interested in playing, and then set about putting together a performance for that character. maybe a character from a book you've read that you could write a piece for? do you have any preferences as to the type of character you want to play?

niteshade1312

HSC
Monologues don't come out of thin air, you have to go looking for them. Look at different genres of plays, movies, media. Or look for a particular type of character that you feel you might be able to tackle. To keep in mind, if you are going to write your own, there are already millions of wonderful pieces in the world, you just have to look for them. I'm glad you're not settling on the first that lands in your lap though. Research and reading is the key. Set a time period to find something and see how you go.

kimmi06

HSC
Yeh all monologues on the net are mostly lame, I trawled through about a million and none were even up to scratch. Definately try books instead, there's a thread somewhere about monologues and there's a great bookstore in Sydney, the Performing Arts Bookstore or something. It might be worth spending a bit of time in there? Good luck.

niteshade1312

HSC
Yeah the performing arts bookstore is great, really seedy though. I always think someone will jump out and stab me if i go there. But at the same time, what's wrong with the local library? There is no special "monologue" book that will drop out of the sky, look for your perfect one!

Gangels

HSC
niteshade1312 said:
Yeah the performing arts bookstore is great, really seedy though. I always think someone will jump out and stab me if i go there. But at the same time, what's wrong with the local library? There is no special "monologue" book that will drop out of the sky, look for your perfect one!
Best advice you could get. If you want a monologue, go to your library and they should have a whole section on theatre. Even your school, if its big enough, should have a few books.

You could write your own if your good at english..........:)

greenapple^0^

HSC
the internets are not good at all but u could get some ideas from it i guess...coz i got my monologue from the internet for my audition for my hsc performance...which i don't no y we even did dat..so my damn teacher makes sure we can do it...and ppl like it though..but i finally got my monologue which itz now in process~!! which i am so happy with..but den again u don't have to be so good in english to make a great monolouge ...english is my secound language and i still did it which i'm not even good with..well the teacher said so i made my monoluge more on phyiscal which i think itz going great.
don't stress..coz i was in da same situation as i was so fucked with it but eventually u would found one so don't worry but i would try just normal libary as they have alot of them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)