Galvanic Cell Validity (1 Viewer)

helloimyellow

HSC
Off the top of my head, maybe try to adhere to the 'standard conditions' as much as possible? Like 1M electrolyte solutions, RTP. Can't really use hydrogen half cell in school environment. Also, sand the electrodes (except lead because toxic) to remove corrosion.

HSC
N/A
Off the top of my head, maybe try to adhere to the 'standard conditions' as much as possible? Like 1M electrolyte solutions, RTP. Can't really use hydrogen half cell in school environment. Also, sand the electrodes (except lead because toxic) to remove corrosion.
Thanks man I just thought the reasons you stated were linked to improving accuracy, but I guess not

leehuan

HSC
Thanks man I just thought the reasons you stated were linked to improving accuracy, but I guess not
Using your voltmeter within the galvanic cell, what you should find is that the voltage produced will match that as calculated by the standard reductions potential.

Sanding the electrodes to remove the corrosion is more likely to be associated with accuracy due to the fact that corrosion is only impeding the reaction, however on the contrary 1M electrolyte solutions and room temp/pressure controls all the potential variations, and thus allows the method to more suitably address the aim (validity).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)