• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

gambling precommittment (2 Viewers)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
idk on one hand i feel sad for people that blow absolutely everything on pokies

and then on the other hand im like i dont get it you stupid cunts because i literally last 5 minutes on a poker machine before i die from boredom

but idk where do you draw the line. yes it's their money and they can become destitute or commit fraud or rip off their families to feed their addiction, do we have some sort of moral obligation to ensure that there is an end point *before* they get to that point or should we just sit back and watch as their kids grow up and perpetuate the cycle

i dont really care about the clubs though, theyre populated with old whinging fucks who just play lawn bowls all day fuck i do not care about them, they can go and drink under a tree

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
just wait till you have a wife you hate and kids who are complete cunts, when the pokies are a blissful monotony and momentary respite (and a lot easier than trying to fix your life)

cheese_cheese

HSC
Gambling itself shouldn't need a license. To place a 2 unit wager on horse X in the Melbourne Cup in two weeks time shouldn't require a license.

Pokies are ridiculous games of chance though and I fully support a maximum $1 wager limit (instead of a license). How anyone thinks they can win in the long term on these is absurd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)