GAME in administration... (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I'm sure a few of you experienced GAME's inability to deliver on the Diablo III launch. The company has gone into Administration (similar to bankruptcy):

We’ve just had confirmation that GAME Australia has gone into administration.Earlier this morning staff members informed Kotaku Australia that GAME wouldn’t be receiving copies ofDiablo III due to payment issues with its shipping companies, and many reported issues with GAME’s website...

... The UK arm of GAME went into administration in March this year closing 609 of its stores. Back then GAME Managing Director Paul Yardley stated he was looking for a buyer for the Australian division, but could not rule out the possibility of redundancies and store closures...

Source: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/05/game-australia-has-gone-into-administration/

They've also just recently closed 60 stores in Australia.

I've only ever had good experiences with the company and hope they can survive. They seem to employ true gamers over pretty faces and the staff always seem excited about new releases etc... Unlike JB or EB where a lot of the staff just seem uptight or shrug you off.

Do you think, if GAME closed, that EB would run away with prices or would the non-specialty stores like K-mart, Dick Smiths, JB Hi-Fi and the like keep them anchored?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I'm sure a few of you experienced GAME's inability to deliver on the Diablo III launch. The company has gone into Administration (similar to bankruptcy):

Source: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/05/game-australia-has-gone-into-administration/

I've only ever had good experiences with the company and hope they can survive. They seem to employ true gamers over pretty faces and the staff always seem excited about new releases etc... Unlike JB or EB where a lot of the staff just seem uptight or shrug you off.

Do you think, if GAME closed, that EB would run away with prices or would the non-specialty stores like K-mart, Dick Smiths, JB Hi-Fi and the like keep them anchored?
TBH EBgames has already run off with the prices, they are selling D3 for $88 and there has been many occasions where they have been higher then other stores.

Game has always been great, tis a shame that the bigwigs cant sort their shit out.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Who shops at EB anyway? From experience, they are the only shop which actually charge the RRP.

Dan895

HSC
Uni Grad
I used to like game but unlike you guys I had a negative experience with them so I have been going to Eb again since </3. What happened was, I preorderd the SWTOR and it didn't come out in Australia at the time anyway. I asked for my money back and they said store credit only. Their not all that good IMO.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC

Pretty much every GAME store in Ireland Dublin shut down a few months back :(
They staged a massive sit in in the shopping centre that I went to :inlove:

Such a shame too. I love GAME and was planning on going for a job there next year. Only reason EB hasn't closed down is because idiot parents always shop there and idiot children buy into the trade 100 ps3 games and get $20 off next purchase.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)