game mag's (1 Viewer)

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
wat do ppl prefer 2 read???

i try 2 avoid hyper, i find it bias and in general shit!!!

i use 2 luv N64 Gamer, any1 eva buy that???

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
i use to read N64 gamer, the writers were so dam funny. I started i think issue 6 (with the Banjo-kazooie cover) and got every issue after that. i found a place that had older issues and managed to get issue 1-5. That was my favourite magazine along with two british magazines (N64 magazine and 64 magazine).

Now i read Hyper (hehe, the shit magazine :p).

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
I started i think issue 6 (with the Banjo-kazooie cover) and got every issue after that
hahaha thats also the 1st issue i got

its sumwhere in my room

two of the former editors of N64 Gamer opened their own game shop, its gone now, but it was awesome meeting them

they both had turned 2 xbox!!! bastards!!! lol

i remember in N64 Gamer they kept goin on bout that nude cheat for goldeneye, and all these ppl wrote in askn 4 it! lol

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
lol, i remember the hype surrounding the nude cheats. There was also that Mr Badass guy.. that section was classic.

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
Hyper = "OMG BOOBIES AND COLOUR! LOL! BRIGHT BRIGHT FLASHY FLASHY! WE WRITE LIKE OUR TARGET AUDIENCE, NINE YEAR OLDS! BUY BUY BUY! DIE!".

Or somethin'. Every since the offical ps2 mag changed hands (a few years ago now) it's been crap, and all the others aren't much better. I rely on gamespot.com, mostly.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
ign.com is good for a quick search of a game. i use to buy one mag for each system but it got too expensive, thus i just buy Hyper. The Oz Nintendo Gamecube magazines seem the best. it reminds me of the british N64 Magazine a bit.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
hyper is good with NEWS flashes

australian gamepro is pretty kool

electronic gamer is kool too xept its american

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
N64 Gamer was fucking awesome. I used to laugh my pubescent ass off with every installment of that.

I dont buy any publications now since the internet is a free source of much more objective information (remember the scandal about Atari paying off magazines for good reviews of Driver 3?).

The best site for reviews is http://www.metacritic.com

equiski

HSC
I usually visit Gamespot, but if I do buy a mag, I avoid publications targetted at a single console (Nintendo Gamer etc) as they tend to be bias and have articles about the apparent console wars.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I used to buy Nintendo first, years ago like when I was in year 6 or something and also Hyper but then I didn't have enough money so stopped that. Then later when PCs actually became good I started reading PCPowerplay but that also hit the wallet after a while so I don't bother with that anymore.
I get all my gaming news from websites now like gamespot and gamespy. Still, I find PCPowerplay is still good for a read.

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
I stopped buying gaming mags about a year and a half ago. They just sucked ass when it came to getting the information quickly. Stuff I saw in Hyper was like, news 2 months ago. And since gamefaqs has way better guides than most mags, which used to be their main attraction apart from news, there's just no need for them anymore. Much like news papers.

However, I did have extremely fond memories of old mags I used to collect. Looking through really old issues of hyper and N64 gamer was great fun. Now, like I said, it all just sucks.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
I used to get PC Powerplay monthly for 8 or 9 months, then didn't have the time to sit and read them, so I don't really read much gaming news now, focus more on reading my textbooks haha :)

banno

HSC
pc powerplay

i have read pc powerplay once or twice but they dont have that much content so i prefer to read other computing mags like apc. they seem to keep me up to date with it so i am happy with them for now. :)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I used to read powerplay. Then it started to get gay.

I then started to read atomicmpc, but then I decided to grow out of the nerd phase.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i could never afford magazines so i never read them. i managed to borrow some off people and the gaming news aways excited me with new and wonderful games. ah the days when nintendo was king...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)