Gamesranking (1 Viewer)

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
I don't think that's terribly accurate, there have been plenty of excellent games that should be ranked there, at least those that have defined genres, et cetera. One good example is Half-Life, yet I only see HL2 in the top ten. I suppose it all comes down to personal choice, how you rate games.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
MedNez said:
I don't think that's terribly accurate, there have been plenty of excellent games that should be ranked there, at least those that have defined genres, et cetera. One good example is Half-Life, yet I only see HL2 in the top ten. I suppose it all comes down to personal choice, how you rate games.
6. Half-Life PC Sierra Entertainment 23 8.8 94.3% 94.7%

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i am a big strategy game fan , obviouslt that site doesnt rate my fav game genre as much as i wanted to.

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i am a big strategy game fan , obviouslt that site doesnt rate my fav game genre as much as i wanted to.
and what game is that???

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Argonaut said:
Legend of Zelda as number one?! Any credibility this list had to begin with was lost as soon as that made the list. Zelda is pathetic.
Which do u refer to Gamesrankings, or Metacritic.
The thing with Games rankings is that it averages all the websites on the net that review games, so it is fairly accurate

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Argonaut said:
Legend of Zelda as number one?! Any credibility this list had to begin with was lost as soon as that made the list. Zelda is pathetic.
To say that means the collective body of critics lose credibility since they ultimately decide the scores.

Also, neither Gamerankings or Metacritic simply averages the review scores. Certain publications are given more weight than others.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Grobus said:
To say that means the collective body of critics lose credibility since they ultimately decide the scores.

Also, neither Gamerankings or Metacritic simply averages the review scores. Certain publications are given more weight than others.
Really, i always thought that Gamesrankings just did a straight average of the scores

Metroid Hunter

HSC
Being the Nintendo fan that i am, let me just take the opportunity to say...

Zelda and Mario are the best games to ever grace any videogame console. Gotta agree with "http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp" because 5 out of the ten top spots were taken by nintendo games at the time this post was made. Also, searching for highest scores on metacritic showed that 3 of the top ten spots were taken by nintendo games there, with zelda: ocarina of time getting the highest score on both websites. my point being ...

Nintendo consoles get the highest quality games.

equiski

HSC
Metroid Hunter said:
Being the Nintendo fan that i am, let me just take the opportunity to say...

Zelda and Mario are the best games to ever grace any videogame console. Gotta agree with "http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp" because 5 out of the ten top spots were taken by nintendo games at the time this post was made. Also, searching for highest scores on metacritic showed that 3 of the top ten spots were taken by nintendo games there, with zelda: ocarina of time getting the highest score on both websites. my point being ...

Nintendo consoles get the highest quality games.
Only someone with a handle like <i>Metroid Hunter</i> could believe such logic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)