GAP Student in a Boarding School Overseas (1 Viewer)

TheGeorgia

HSC
hey, i'm hoping to work in a boarding school when i leave school, and i'm wondering whether to go through an organisation (and pay ridiculous sums of money) or do it freelance (and hopefully find myself with other GAP students at the school too).
is anyone else in this scenario?

any help = much appreciation :music:

Peartie

HSC
I went through an organisation when I organised mine, after unsuccessfully trying many schools individually. Most schools seem only to take students through various organisations and the ones that dont are very competitive to try and get placements.

Even though they cost money I think that going through an organisation saves you ALOT of time and hassle! I know tutorsworldwide (used to) have no application fee unless you made the interview whereas GAP australia (now Lattitude - the ones I went through) had a $50 application fee - but from memory was cheaper overall as well....

It really depends on how much time and effort you want to / can put into trying to find a school that will hire you! But I Found when I went through the organisation it was MUCH easier!

Hope it helped :D

TheGeorgia

HSC
ok, yeah that did tonnes,
i still find it pretty crazy how organisations actually have to charge anything at all.
anyway, thanks a tonne for your help :spin:

Peartie

HSC
its only to cover their costs basically - like the one i did, they have to pay people for the interview, then there was a 3.5 day thing in London with all food/transport/accommodation paid for etc....it worked out to be relativley good -

and it meant i got over the jet lag - 3.5 days in london then about 3 days until school actually started once i got to the school - so i had about a week to sleep and prepare for the year :D last years people arrived AFTER the school started though as school started the 2nd Jan :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)