• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Gastric Ulcers (1 Viewer)

K

katie_tully

crohn's disease does some pretty hardcore shit to your GI tract, much like the syptoms described. it's predominantly genetic tho, so i dunno.

Chris.

HSC
melimoo said:
yeah at first it was really wierd - felt like my entire oesophagus was constricting. now its mostly sharp abdo pain. hurts most when i eat. read up on syptoms - sounds like a gastric ulcer
if i could lose some weight from this that would be epic :D
epic, but painful :(

ew cramps but i know what youre feeling. totally fucks everything up. its so painful to do anything!
everytime i eat my stomach bloats so badly it feels so heavy to move. Ive lost 3 kilos in 2 weeks. not so epic because ive been doing weights for some time trying to gain muscle weight. the doc gave me antibioitics which did fuk all...hav to go back.

rozymisty

HSC
Maybe then your eating the wrong foods, or when you eat, you might open your mouth too wide and take in excessive oxygen. This might sound strange, but does farting help relieve the bloating?

Kloudsurfer, well you wouldnt have any problems losing weight then lol. Maybe I should say to myself that I do have IBS like the doc thought one time and stay off maccas..well i have, but other junky food.

Chris.

HSC
rozymisty said:
Maybe then your eating the wrong foods, or when you eat, you might open your mouth too wide and take in excessive oxygen. This might sound strange, but does farting help relieve the bloating?

Kloudsurfer, well you wouldnt have any problems losing weight then lol. Maybe I should say to myself that I do have IBS like the doc thought one time and stay off maccas..well i have, but other junky food.
i dont eat any junk foods, for two weeks ive been on soup, jelly and water because anything heavier will make me feel abnormally heavy. lol open my mouth too wide? wtf.

i dont really know wat to say about the farting bit lol. ill give it a try later ;)

rozymisty

HSC
Chris. said:
i dont eat any junk foods, for two weeks ive been on soup, jelly and water because anything heavier will make me feel abnormally heavy. lol open my mouth too wide? wtf.

i dont really know wat to say about the farting bit lol. ill give it a try later ;)
haha yes, well i heard that like gulping your food and having like gum will increase your gas intake and can lead to bloatin.....along with other stuff.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
mabbe he has a functional problem with solid foods?

yeah crohns.. is pucked up... like as i was once told.. if u were given a choice by god for crohns or ulcerative colitis... drop to ure knees and beg for ulcerative colitis :) as spoken by a gastroenterologist..

K

katie_tully

that chick off law and order svu, mariska has crohns disease.

the more you know.

kloudsurfer

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
there is a special diet..

similar to coeliacs disease..

u can take mint pills which seem to relieve the symptoms.. laxatives and fibre

you should get screened for psychiatric problems.. and have those sorted.. which can relieve the IBS.. cos there some feel that its a somatisation disorder:)
Yeah in the past i havent been bothered with the diet because it has been all under control so far without it but now im considering it since it seems to be playing up of late.

And apparently peppermint pills trigger reflux if you have GERD so i thought id avoid them (havent tried them though)

And roxy, yeah losing weight hasnt been a problem for me! This year ive lost heaps of weight without even trying lol!

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
there is a special diet..

similar to coeliacs disease..

u can take mint pills which seem to relieve the symptoms.. laxatives and fibre

you should get screened for psychiatric problems.. and have those sorted.. which can relieve the IBS.. cos there some feel that its a somatisation disorder:)
that last bit...what?
like its stress related? IBS is a possibility for me also now :(
had my ultrasound today
my liver kidneys pancreas spleen and gallbladder are all fine
my pains still are not. NEXT

kloudsurfer

HSC
melimoo said:
that last bit...what?
like its stress related? IBS is a possibility for me also now :(
had my ultrasound today
my liver kidneys pancreas spleen and gallbladder are all fine
my pains still are not. NEXT
Awww hugs! We can start a club!

Yeah stress is supposed to be a major trigger for it. Never has been for me because I dont get stressed lol

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Awww hugs! We can start a club!

Yeah stress is supposed to be a major trigger for it. Never has been for me because I dont get stressed lol
yeah, i tend to get mega stressed haha :eek:

i'm on somac now - an acid-suppressing drug. hopefully this will help?

rozymisty

HSC
Im starting to now think that I might have IBS. Since Friday Ive had bouts of diarrhoea mainly in hte morning, and it finally stopped yesterday. I went to the GP on Saturday coz I got an operation tmw and i know I will get nervous diarhoea so I wanted to get some immodium and she told me not to take it, coz if it was the norovirus that is going around AGAIN, it wouldnt be good to keep it in esp when having an operation down there. So yeah thank god it stopped today though.

THe GP told me that the docs normally take a panadeine when they get diarrhoea coz the codeine, which some of you may have experienced if been on it a few days, will slow down your gut so yeah.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
codeine -->morphine in the body...

morphine is renown to cause constipation in patients..

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
melimoo said:
yeah, i tend to get mega stressed haha :eek:

i'm on somac now - an acid-suppressing drug. hopefully this will help?
My mum takes it because her stomach valve doesn't close properly and it seems to work well for her but she still has to avoid really spicy or acidic food.

rozymisty

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
codeine -->morphine in the body...

morphine is renown to cause constipation in patients..
Ah really? Wow I didnt know that. Interesting...coz I had 2 doses of morphine today when I woke up in recovery, and then before mum picked me up, I was given some panadene.

Got to be careful not to constipate myself, coz it hurts when I just use a bit of muscle to move.

When do the ultrasound results come back?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)