Gay marriage in NSW/Australia (1 Viewer)

should gays be allowed to get married

• yes

Votes: 92 65.2%
  • no

Votes: 49 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Re: should gays be allowed to marry in NSW

Captain Gh3y said:
There's a good reason for not legalising marijuana because of the extra burden on the mental health system it would create. And yet, something like 99% of the existing burden on the health, mental health, policing and other systems are pretty much entirely due to alcohol already...
Tax it to the shithouse. Problem solved.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Anti-Mathmite said:
How many people are going to buy it from a place that sells the taxed version when they can get it from boris down the street for cheaper? Your tax plan doesn't work.
Boris down the street has higher costs than the local pharmacy because he has to import it illegally in tiny amounts so it doesn't get caught up in customs, hence the legal stuff can be taxed pretty highly but remain cheaper than the illegal stuff, and it is also generally going to be higher quality.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

No, you're trapped in a generation who want marijuana legalised because you think that there is nothing wrong with it.
No I've done a little cost/benefit analysis and come to the conclusion that it's better for it to be legalised.

It is markedly different from Alcohol. At an upper class function, people can toast with wine. Is it possible for them to toast with a joint? Hell no.. Because pot is for losers. Pot is for people who care nothing about themselevs and who want to turn to drugs to help them escape from their pathetic nature.
If pot is for losers than legalise it so there's more losers and u can be TEH WINNAR
How many people are going to buy it from a place that sells the taxed version when they can get it from boris down the street for cheaper? Your tax plan doesn't work.
I don't see hoards of people buying smokes off the street.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

- Legal manufacturers could actually market it, marketing will give them a huge edge.
- The Legal stuff would be considered higher quality.
- It'll probably be cheaper even with tax if it's made in bulk ammounts.
- You can get illegal stuff for alot cheaper all the time mathmite... people don't tho for tonnes of reasons.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

Don't say bullcrap like that, it doesn't make sense.
Yes it does... illegal stuff that isn't marketed as well and probably comes from some randoms backyard will not be as popular as some big name hydroponics that's been perfected and mass-produced.

No. Just no.
Great argument there buddy.

Like fucking their life up perhaps? Oh but if it was legalized it would solve this problem wouldn't it!? No.
People are only going to the illegal source because there's no legal source, you can create a legal source, regulate it sufficiently and tax it to look after and side effects.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

This is so gay

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

you want to market marijuana? That shows just how much of a fantasy you are living.
I have no real problem with the marketing of it, I'm not really a big fan of marketing in general but it'd have to be marketted to compete.

Yeh, lets legalize hit-men while we're at it. We can make it much more cheaper for people, and well.. poeople are just going to keep getting it from the illegal sources even if it's illegal!
It's a terrible analogy.
With pot legalisation, the harm to society and to consumers is both mitigated entirely.

I can imagine the premier standing there going "Shit.. Someone was murdered last night.. quickly, lets repeal the whole of the crimes act."
It's such a terrible analogy, surely you can see that mathmite.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

You want to market marijuana. That's just so funny. What time slot on the TV would be suitable? How about in between Play School and Hi-5?
Well it doesn't have to be television marketing.

No it isn't.

Premier Iemma: "Quickly, call a parliamentary session IMMEDIATELY, i have statistics here that show that there has been murders continiously since Australia was settled. Obviously the law isn't working, therefore... lets just make murder legal! It would save so much hassle!"
Yes it actually is... we enforce laws against murder because you know, murder leads to deaths and if we made murder legal then psychopaths could just get away with murdering tonnes of people and never be stopped - there's alot more pain from making murder legal.

Making pot legal however has positive effects as I have shown in the other thread... We're looking for whether illegal or legal which has the better outcome for society - now with murder it's obvious, however with pot it is not so simple...

now please post back over there if u want to continue.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

What benefit would marijuana companies have from marketing it in kids timeslots anyway? It'd be unavailable to those under 18.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC

You dont see alcohol advertised there now do you?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

loquasagacious said:
You dont see alcohol advertised there now do you?
I really don't get mathmites replies, I'm not sure if he's sincerely trying to raise an argument or if he's just saying random shit he knows is wrong.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC

He could also be stupid.....

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC

ur_inner_child said:
that is a very well-constructed, eloquent and splendid post there! esp for a person just doing their hsc this year. I dont think very much of the younger ones, but my my, there is hope in you dear one. :)
wow thanks :) thats a well placed compliment whilst i stress and study for mid-yearlys. Exactly what i needed!

i could go into arguement about legalising pot, but this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread... *waits for someone to point out some rediculous connection*

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC

Post coital joint?

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC

Anti-Mathmite said:
I remember you. You were illiterate and blindly left-wing back then tooooooooooo.
And i remember you. U were a totally arrogant liberal who sucked up NTB's ass. How things change....

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC

Anti-Mathmite said:
I was never a liberal.. and i never sucked up NTB's ass..
Well maybe my memory is faltered, but i specifically remember you arguing with me about everything 2 do with politics, taking a liberal stance on the matter. And you always agreed and never argued with NTB.....

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC

Interesting, the Muslim response here has been relatively muted due to the revulsion and hate speech directed towards people in prominent areas of its community (*cough* Keysar Trad).

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC

Not-That-Bright said:
I don't see hoards of people buying smokes off the street.
I bet you don't go to a public school. Cigarettes can go for $1 each.

I think all drugs should be legalised. It would take them off the street, make them safer for people to take them (there wouldn't be random crap in them that kills you ie horse tranquilisers) crime would go down, the government could collect the tax.

If someone wants to take drugs in their own time and its doesn't effect you, then whats the problem? It's called FREEDOM OF CHOICE. The arguement that its bad for you is bullshit. Cigarettes and alcohol are worse. Sure you could argue it does psychological damage, but so does everything.

The reason marijuana was made illegal in the first place was to minimise the production of hemp rope (other rope companies had v influencial friends) which didn't work anyway because they just made a policy that it couldn't be smoked but it could be used to make things. I read a book about it.

In conclusion, I support gay marriage.

crispytoast

HSC
N/A

i'm over here in wa so i have no opinion about NSW but i am firmly in favour of gay marriage if people wish to do it... i dont think the "do they all want to do it?" question is relevant as many straight people don't want to get married either and yet they're allowed to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)