• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Gay people should not be allowed to access IVF (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Christ gave nothing but silence, yet many Catholics take it upon themselves to actively prosecute those who "detract from [the] faith"?

If this be true, the Church does not condone it (.:true Catholics dont condone it):confused:

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
I loathe religious preachers telling me or other gay citizens that we are not entitled the same rights as heterosexual persons.

I believe that when assimilation ceased for Australian immigrants and Aboriginies and were equal to other citizens, that was when Australia should have also been accepting of same sex couples and their rights.

If Centrelink recognises de facto gay couples rights, then Parliament's viewpoint on same sex couples should follow.
HOW DARE YOU!?!?!?!?!

Ones skin colour is NOT a basis of discrimination! It can't be! Perhaps in the case of other, weaker races, but not the aboriginies.

gays on the other hand have clear genetic abnormalities, and these abnormalities threaten the survival of our species, as gays cannot reproduce. they take babies from the loving and wholesome heterosexual couples, and furthermore, it very well could be contagious. i hypothesise that some gays are convinced to join the other side: if their parents had been proper, and shielded them from penises, they would have remained confused and not attracted towards a clear wrong.

in conclusion, your comparison is false, and since the burden of proof is on you, gays should continue to be discriminated against because its the only fair way to proceed, to protect our younglings

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
luv, you don't know me personally, so you can't call me jimmy. only personal friends may call me jimmy

so only two people.

:(

but its ok because i have my hand on my heart and the right ideas - conservative ideals and so on - in that heart.

dont you think that it is valid that homosexuals take kids away from heterosexuals, and that nurture is responsible for a great deal of development, and that gay can be caught from 18+ successive years of homosexual behaviour??

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Pls point to the gay virus/bacterium and then I will take your point seriously.

Also there is no evidence that homosexuality falls on the "nurture" side of the nature vs nurture debate.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
i dont see why its any different to any other sort of behaviour. behaviour begets behaviour, mang.

you cant deny that. IT IS A PRIME FACIE TRUTH

Tangent

HSC
gays on the other hand have clear genetic abnormalities, and these abnormalities threaten the survival of our species, as gays cannot reproduce.
heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheehheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheeheheheheheheheheh ........ funny

really, define normal

And dont tell me that you wont take on your god given duty of repopulating the earth if the species was ever in danger, though i would shake my head in disgust. Though, for some strange reason i think that it wont come to that, call it a hunch

Tangent

HSC
When the other side cant define normal, even though they used in in their post?

Your cockiness amuses me, seeming that you implied you were still right, and yet avoided answering my question

HSC
Normal is essentially a construct...if someone wants to define something as normal or abnormal, they can...there's no universal criteria for 'normal'.

HSC
I heard Simon Crean quoted on the radio, talking about the Australian values of 'a fair go', tolerance and inclusiveness. In the light of the subject of this thread, I considered that very ironic...

Garygaz

HSC
If gays were given the right to be legally recognised as couples by the state, received the same tax benefits and legal benefits, but the state didn't want to call it marriage because to them marriage is between a man and a woman, is that wrong? Some people just don't want to break thousands of years of tradition to change the definition, so is it wrong just to not have to call it marriage?

HSC
If gays were given the right to be legally recognised as couples by the state, received the same tax benefits and legal benefits, but the state didn't want to call it marriage because to them marriage is between a man and a woman, is that wrong? Some people just don't want to break thousands of years of tradition to change the definition, so is it wrong just to not have to call it marriage?
Yeah well that's what the big debate's about, isn't it? To some people it makes a huge difference, and others don't care.

But I do know that, currently, in Australia, you can have civil marriage or a religious marriage, so a civil UNION would be specifically for gays. I think many L&G object to the fact that it has to be called something different for them, 'cause it's just more 'othering', as well as the fact that they can't have a religious aspect to it. Also, even when you have a civil marriage, you legally have to say 'Marriage is between a man and a women' as part of the proceedings. So yeah, it would be different, but a lot of people say 'What's in a name?' I dunno, I think it's just the sentiment behind the difference in name that some people find offensive.

brittanica-

HSC
we're under no obligation to accept and understand those who make it their express mission to detract from our faith. Christ gave nothing but silence to these people.
arent we all equal in God's eyes?
therefore it shouldnt matter wether were gay or not
you's are just predujiced and closeminded

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)