geez - need opinions (1 Viewer)

kadiojill

HSC
hey all - i need ur opinions. my parents are forcing me into tutoring for next yr. (asian - no doubt) they want me to either go to pre-uni or prior or north shore. thats my only say in this. which one should i choose? they're so bugging me into this! how much does each cost per year? i heard the last 2 are freaking costly, but my parents just won't listen! wat do i do?:(

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
if they're going to pay for it, why do you care if it's expensive or not?

just do it, it will help you.

lionking1191

HSC
kadiojill said:
hey all - i need ur opinions. my parents are forcing me into tutoring for next yr. (asian - no doubt) they want me to either go to pre-uni or prior or north shore. thats my only say in this. which one should i choose? they're so bugging me into this! how much does each cost per year? i heard the last 2 are freaking costly, but my parents just won't listen! wat do i do?:(
hm what are you reasons for not wanting to go? if you really think you don't need tutoring then try telling them that you'll be fine yourself and persuade them to let you go one term without tutoring or something and let your results speak for urself?

failing that it would depend on which subjects you are getting tutored for. i heard north shore is better with english but then i havent gone to tutoring properly since y6 so i wouldn't really know

kadiojill

HSC
lionking1191 said:
hm what are you reasons for not wanting to go? if you really think you don't need tutoring then try telling them that you'll be fine yourself and persuade them to let you go one term without tutoring or something and let your results speak for urself?

failing that it would depend on which subjects you are getting tutored for. i heard north shore is better with english but then i havent gone to tutoring properly since y6 so i wouldn't really know
well i ain't failing, actually getting good marks. they just want to me to get a good UAI. but i don't want to go!!!!!!! they're gonna ring up preuni and prior today so..... can;t do anyfing if dey wanna pay $$$$$ (heaps) so....

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I reckon the Prior would be the best out of those 3. How do I know? I personally know people who go there but no one really recommednds pre-uni or northshore. And a lot of people seem to be very satisfied with the Prior.

But in my opinion Matrix kicks ass.

kadiojill

HSC
lyounamu said:
I reckon the Prior would be the best out of those 3. How do I know? I personally know people who go there but no one really recommednds pre-uni or northshore. And a lot of people seem to be very satisfied with the Prior.

But in my opinion Matrix kicks ass.
how much is it per year? do u know? and wth is matrix?
oh and this is for 2 unit maths HSC

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
kadiojill said:
how much is it per year? do u know? and wth is matrix?
oh and this is for 2 unit maths HSC
Prior is quite expensive. The cost is abuot $4000-5000 a year per subject.

However, I do think it's quite worth the money considering what they provide from there.

Matrix? Matrix is another tutoring college located at Strathfield. It's a pretty great tutoring college in my opinion. I remember putting a review about Matrix. I will give you the link soon.

kadiojill

HSC
lyounamu said:
Prior is quite expensive. The cost is abuot $4000-5000 a year per subject.

However, I do think it's quite worth the money considering what they provide from there.

Matrix? Matrix is another tutoring college located at Strathfield. It's a pretty great tutoring college in my opinion. I remember putting a review about Matrix. I will give you the link soon.
sheesh thats a lot of $$$$$. how much is matrix per year?????????? and is the $4000 only for the one subject????? do u pay it all at the start? what if u join and don't like it?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
kadiojill said:
sheesh thats a lot of $$$$$. how much is matrix per year?????????? and is the $4000 only for the one subject????? do u pay it all at the start? what if u join and don't like it?
I don't think you pay at once. For example, I paid about $1000+ a term for Matrix.

For Matrix, they provide a free tutoring class for people who wish to join. If you like it, you stay, if you don't you don't have to go.

kadiojill

HSC
lyounamu said:
I don't think you pay at once. For example, I paid about $1000+ a term for Matrix.

For Matrix, they provide a free tutoring class for people who wish to join. If you like it, you stay, if you don't you don't have to go.
so u can pay in instalments rite? so is matrix better than prior?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
kadiojill said:
so u can pay in instalments rite? so is matrix better than prior?
Well, I cannot really say because I haven't attended both. I only attended Matrix. I know little about Prior from my mates who attend and they improved quite a lot (30% to 65%), so that's how I came to judge it.

And it really depends on individuals. In terms of result wise, both colleges produce pretty damn great results (50% over 95 UAI, I heard?)

And the prices are pretty much same as well. But I know that Matrix is free for two classes or whatever (they might have changed it too).

And yeah, you pay in installment (sort of)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)