Gen Ed Exemptions and Transfer Questions (1 Viewer)

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
Hey guys. I'm looking to transfer from USYD(B.A) to UNSW(B.Av Mgmt). I've completed 1 year worth of subjects which have absolutely nothing to do with aviation. Has anyone ever gotten exemptions for Gen Ed? As well as how difficult is it to get credits for previous studies when UNSW has no comparable subjects?

In addition to that question, I would assume the safe way to do the transfer is to apply through UAC and maintain my enrolment at USYD. And once I've accepted B.Av I should discontinue my enrolment at USYD correct?

Thanks in advance.

D94

HSC
N/A
I think it's best to contact UNSW because this is quite a unique case of "credit transfer" without actually transferring credit. Also, you may have seen a list of comparable courses, but there may be others that haven't been published. You are best to email UNSW with a list of the course code and name, and then see if any can be transferred.

Yes, stay enrolled at USYD and only discontinue your enrolment when you have accepted the UNSW offer (i.e. once you receive your UNSW zID).

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
I think it's best to contact UNSW because this is quite a unique case of "credit transfer" without actually transferring credit. Also, you may have seen a list of comparable courses, but there may be others that haven't been published. You are best to email UNSW with a list of the course code and name, and then see if any can be transferred.

Yes, stay enrolled at USYD and only discontinue your enrolment when you have accepted the UNSW offer (i.e. once you receive your UNSW zID).

Thanks. Do you recommend applying with my TER (From TPC) or should I apply with both my TER and my USYD records? My USYD records have been mediocre at best (High Credit- 73-75 range).

D94

HSC
N/A
Pretty sure UNSW will use which ever option gives you the better chance at getting in. So even if you include your USYD records, if your TER is the better option, then it will just be your TER for consideration, not the combination.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)