Gen Ed (1 Viewer)

Rand

Hey all,

Could someone please explain what the hell "Gen Ed" is and the courses we can do in gen ed ?

My course has 6 units of Gen Ed, and I dont even know the courses I can do as part of Gen Ed @ :confused:

Thanks a ton :cool: :D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Gen-Ed are subjects u have to take that are not from your faculty..ie if u are doing Optom, u have do Gen-Ed subjects NOT from the Faculty of Science. U can choose any subject u want on the Gen-Ed list - I'm doing History of Football from the Arts faculty and nxt semester im doing Cyberspace Law from the Law faculty

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Are you serious? So i'm in the faculty of Science, I can't choose Gen ed from the science faculty???

sunny

meh.
HSC
Check with your school on restrictions. Some programs restrict you on doing certain gen eds because of clashing content (eg, you might not be able to do Aviation gen ed if you doing a degree in Aviation).

For the full reading:
http://www.publications.unsw.edu.au/Handbooks 2004/General Education - UG Handbook 2004.pdf

"However, certain restrictions apply to students' choice:

Students may undertake a maximum of three units of credit from approved General Education courses within the faculty which is the program authority for the program in which that student in enrolled. Further General Education courses may be drawn from any other faculties with a maximum of six units of credit to be drawn from any one faculty, other than the faculty that has the autority for the program in which the student is enrolled"

ed: sorry I should translate that: you can do 3uoc worth of gen eds from your faculty - and you cannot have more than 6uoc of gen eds from the same faculty accumulated.

Last edited:

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
You don't want to do gen eds from your faculty anyway...... do the really neat ones, like the COFA ones.. hehehe

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
cause they're more interesting! :D when will you ever get to draw the inner you? ....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)