Gendering the Joystick - Online Questionnaire for my Honours Thesis (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hello there!

I’m currently undertaking an Honours degree in the field of Media. As part of my thesis, I am conducting a study of video gamers in an Australian context and am looking for participants for an online questionnaire for the first study. The questionnaire will be run from the 6th October 2008 till the 13th October 2008 and can be completed online.

I am interested in all types of gamers, whether you play Tetris on Facebook, Sudoku on your mobile, or the World of Warcraft into the late hours of the night, your feedback, experiences and habits are wanted! If you don’t play personally, but know of friends or relatives that play, it’d be great if you could pass this onto them!

The only questionnaire consists of 17 questions and all information collected and used in the course of this study will be strictly confidential and de-identified if used in the eventual thesis. There is even an option to remain completely anonymous if you don’t want to have your personal details collected!

There is also a secondary study which is a face-to-face interview at a time and place to suit you. The purpose of these interviews is to gain an insight into the experiences of video gamers which you simply can’t get attain from numbers and statistics. Again, this is completely optional, and all information will be kept strictly confidential and de-identified.

You are free to withdraw your participation from the research at any time without consequence or reason from either study. There are no hidden strings so to speak!

I have also attached the promotional poster as part of this post.

Thanks for your time!

I've also attached a copy of the Information and Consent Forms as per Ethics :)

If you'd like to remain anonymous please follow this link

If you'd like to flag your interest in perhaps participating in Study II please follow this link

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Thanks champ :)

Some interesting trends I'm seeing already :O

Graustein

HSC
A friend directed me to this questionnaire ("When I saw this I thought of you"), I've just filled it in, and I'd be happy to do the interview as well at some point (Although after the HSC would be better if that's not too late)

alexvision

HSC
Are you going to publish the findings publicly, and if so where and when.

fully223

HSC
Just completed the survey.
Good layout and range of questions.
One thing missing was in the Genre section, no sports... :O

Good luck though!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Thanks all.

I will be publishing the results eventually, how I'm not quite sure at the moment :)

And fully, there are things I'd like to change over again in hindsight, that being one of them :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Thanks all, the study is now closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)