General commments (1 Viewer)

alfonso22

HSC
hey just wanted to know how the religion paper was..

i thought it was alright actually

fartx2

HSC
no ones talking yet? hmmm strange

it was pretty good. though the short section 1 question (about ecumenism) was a bit tricky. i just wrote that the NCCA increased understanding, the uniting chruch was made, and it allowed people to switch denominations more easily. and i used the quote like i was supposed to

i was actually hoping the section 3 islam question was about anything other than ethics, so i had to do christianity in section 3 and islam in section 2

Mikki14

HSC
Bet no ones talking yet because no one really cared about this subject. Well no one from my school did anyway, there was a great tension in the room as everyone waited for that magic time when they would finally start to let people leave then all of a sudden when that time came about 25 people got up and walked out leaving the rest of us silently laughing. From then on a person would leave every couple of minutes until finally the end came.

I stayed till 10 minutes to go then realised i'd done all i could do and there was no way i could ramble on about my significant person in Christianity any longer.

Was an easy exam had the first 2 sections finished within the first 30 mins. The ecumenical question was a little unexpected but i filled the lines with my tiny writing. Multi choice was straight forward although i only got one C that freaked me out just a little bit. But anyway that was my last exam I'M FREE ... well until my traineeship starts in two weeks

Brady-2007

HSC
I thought it was really easy and straightforward, really. A couple of iffy Section I questions, such as the denominational switching, but the 2nd and 3rd sections were a breeze!
I did Asoka (Buddhism) for Section 2 and Islam sexual ethics for Section 3. I bullshitted a lot, but I wrote 9 pages which is good by my standards :)

Jessica14

HSC
I thought the ecumenism question was ok. I wrote about the NCCA and the Uniting Church. One of my friends did Bridgewalk as an example and another did Carols by Cadlelight.... lol. Oh well.

I did Christianity short answers and Islam essay- hehehe ethics. I wrote 9 pagesand im hoping for 16+.

Overall hoping for 43+/50.

Mevelyn2551

HSC
That was the easiest exam I have ever had to do - and I only studied the night before. But then again, I guess I'll probably get the mark I deserve as a result of that.

As to people leaving early... yeah, it was a bit of a joke. A lot of us left early too (myself included), and that is probably because of the low respect we ll had for the subject (because it was compulsary and, as rebellious teens this immediatley set our minds against it).

Maybe 15-20% of our class left in that magic 15 min window for SOR 1, and they didnt even offer SOR2 at our school (considering it is a cotholic school, it seems odd that the SOR1 course with little or no merit is compulsary, while the SOR2 course that actually looks like it may have had academic substance was not offered at all).

Meh. Legal tomorrow, then freedom.

ashleypage

HSC
fartx2 said:
no ones talking yet? hmmm strange

it was pretty good. though the short section 1 question (about ecumenism) was a bit tricky. i just wrote that the NCCA increased understanding, the uniting chruch was made, and it allowed people to switch denominations more easily. and i used the quote like i was supposed to

i was actually hoping the section 3 islam question was about anything other than ethics, so i had to do christianity in section 3 and islam in section 2
No one's talking because the link to the forum isn't on the main page =]

The Judaism tradition question was pretty awesome. 'Discuss the ethics from one of these'. The religion and peace essay was kind of ick, but not too bad.

I liked the exam as a whole =]

katie2261

HSC
I think it was an alright paper :) Not as bad as I thought it would be. The ecumenical question in Section 1 threw me a bit but the rest wasn't too bad.

Only one more to go - legal tomorrow!

alfonso22

HSC
yeah

the ecumenical question was kinda iffy..

i just talked about NCCA and the NSW ecumenical council..meh..

not too hard

-pari-

HSC
N/A
the one exam i feel i did well in.

i should make 90+ =] yay.

aneurysm

HSC
Overall, I thought the exam was alright. Some of my responses were a bit iffy (such as the ecumenism - forgot to mention the NCCA or NSW Ecumenical Council ... oh well). I don't think I went as well as I could have, but considering I only studied the day before and this morning, it was alright.

I think it's kind of stupid to not care about SOR ... I mean if that's the attitude someone has for all their subjects then yeah, ok, but I hear a lot of smart people just write it off. It's easy marks, scales well and is not a hard subject ... just seems that a lot of people throw away a subject that could really help them, and doesn't really require that much work.

Anyway ... I'm free now! :D Very, very happy indeed.

Jordanf6769

HSC
aneurysm said:
Overall, I thought the exam was alright. Some of my responses were a bit iffy (such as the ecumenism - forgot to mention the NCCA or NSW Ecumenical Council ... oh well). I don't think I went as well as I could have, but considering I only studied the day before and this morning, it was alright.

I think it's kind of stupid to not care about SOR ... I mean if that's the attitude someone has for all their subjects then yeah, ok, but I hear a lot of smart people just write it off. It's easy marks, scales well and is not a hard subject ... just seems that a lot of people throw away a subject that could really help them, and doesn't really require that much work.

Anyway ... I'm free now! :D Very, very happy indeed.
scales well? 1 unit religion? i was not aware of this. that is not to say i didnt try cos i want it to get rid of 1 unit of physics lol

SunkistAngel

HSC
I agree with aneurysm
I think alot of people follow those who have written off religion as a 'bludge subject' since junior grades. However by year 12, those who are smart enough to simplfy the hsc down to units to complete, 2 or 1 of which are required to know simple facts about religion in Australia and across the world, religion is simply just a subject that can get you easy marks!

If people think they are making a statement by being ignorant towards religion as 2 units or 1 unit that could count for their hsc using marks that are easier to gain, then they could be sacrificing the opportunity to maximise their uai and hsc marks.

Well done to everyone who took hold of religion as a subject this year and the did their best for the exam, it will pay off :)

lil dynamyt

HSC
Overall the exam was pretty easy, with the only tricky question the one about ecumenism. For my extended response i did Judaism and wrote 6 pages on sexual ethics...haha.

I do 1 unit religion and hope for a 42+/50

Leb$ta

HSC
With regards to ecumenism in q11, the nsw ecumenical council and ncca are examples listed on the syllabus, not uniting church....that may come into consideration with the marking of this question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)