General Discussion of Business Studies (1 Viewer)

Examine

same
HSC
Are there textbooks just for questions like Success one for maths?
There are, though since there was a change in syllabus it doesn't cover the changes (as it is a past paper book). I'd recommend just borrowing it from your local library and just reading over a few to gather how to structure and set a report/essay.

and if there are Textbooks which ones are good to get
Tbh I think that using Business Studies In Action along with the cram apps are suffice. Probably the best thing other textbooks can offer you is a diverse range of case studies which is in Creative Business Studies and HSC Business Studies: Getting Better Results. So if you wanted to buy another one I'd suggest one of those I've listed before, though it is not needed.

Troller

Lol
HSC
I already have the Creative Business Studies Book because thats what my school uses, And it is really good.

Examine

same
HSC
If you want another textbook then have a look at Business Studies In Action

Troller

Lol
HSC
I found this really great site for practising Multiple Choice questions. It has questions for preliminary business, economics and physics.
It's really good and it's run by the author of Creative Business Studies.

The website: Confidence.hscbusinessstudies.com

Last edited:

Troller

Lol
HSC
I've found lots of notes and stuff for the old syllabus. Can I use those notes to study to some extent or would that be detrimental. Also what do the topics in the old syllabus convert to in the new syllabus?

Examine

same
HSC
I've found lots of notes and stuff for the old syllabus. Can I use those notes to study to some extent or would that be detrimental. Also what do the topics in the old syllabus convert to in the new syllabus?
You can use various parts of these notes, though just be attentive to see which information is informative for the new syllabus.

Although Marketing and Finance remain the same in terms of topics, the contents of the two have slightly changed.

Management was replaced with Operations

Employment Relations was replaced with human resources

And the global influences/strategies topic was just stuck at the end of each of the new topic

Troller

Lol
HSC
No one in Particular, I just wanted to get your opinion in general if it is helpful or not

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
No one in Particular, I just wanted to get your opinion in general if it is helpful or not
It hasn't really got many concepts and is more rote learning, better off writing practice questions and giving them to your teachers.

Examine

same
HSC
I think it really depends on the individual. Like some people may feel the need for tutoring for Business while others don't. However, if you were to go Business tutoring it would probably be most likely for developing and refining your exam technique, learning tips and tricks from people who have already finished the subject, etc. So if you can find an arrangement where you go to tutoring either once a month (for let's say 1-2 hours depending on how much you need) to refine your writing while being able to be in contact with them for short answer/essay marking then that would be ideal (though probably for this service you may need to pay extra). Basically what this will do is ensure that you maximise the potential mark you can get in the HSC, but it'd be up to you to learn the concepts.

If you go for 1 hour each month I'd expect them to charge maybe $60-$100 per month (not too sure on this though) mainly because you will be continually getting your responses reviewed throughout this month which will accumulate to quite a bit of time.

And you can follow what Drifting said if you have faith that your teacher is a good marker, though if you're not certain you could contemplate what I said prior.

tl;dr version:
Business Tutoring -> Refining exam technique and essay writing skills, find a tutor that has the ability to continuously mark your Short Answer/Report/Essay responses and once a month meet up with then for 1-2 hours to discuss how you can further improve your skills, and to clear up concepts if you are stuck.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)