General Drama Tips (1 Viewer)

senorceepa

HSC
I saw how empty this drama forum is, so I decided to contribute to help out current/future HSC Drama Students. These are a couple tips I have for anyone doing, or interested in doing HSC Drama.

For those of you interested in picking Drama:

- Drama is good for shy/quiet/introverted people. If you aren't exactly the most outgoing person, don't worry. If you want to get out of your shell, Drama can help give you that extra push. Personally, I've gone from the quiet and mysterious kid, to the talkative know it all because of Drama. You can be sort of like that to :D

- The content is not very difficult. Essays and short answer questions are structured similarly to the ones you do in English. As long as you can grasp the general ideas of each topic, you can bs in this subject a lot easier and get more marks compared to other subjects.

- Drama is fun. In my experience, you do a lot of games and workshops that seemingly relate to what you are studying. You often forget that Drama is a class because it is THAT much fun.

- Like all other art subjects, drama teachers tend to be more lenient with their marking because all artworks are up for interpretation. As long as you can justify what you do and link it back to your topic, you'll be good.

For my peeps doing drama right now:

- Don't stress out too much. Drama is one of the subjects you can cram for pretty easily IMO. Relax. Take a breather. It's not that difficult. If you need help, ask. Most drama students and teachers are real nice.

- Get your IP done first. GP is a lot more difficult and requires more time to do, just because your dealing with the thought processes of more than one person. Dealing with "Creative Differences" is a pain in the *ss.

- When doing class workshops, make sure you take note of what you have done. You will probably end up referencing these workshops in future essays and whatnot.

- As fun as drama class is, make sure you focus on the tasks you are a given. It's easy to get distracted.

- Abuse the crap out of whatever resources you have access to. Like I said earlier, there aren't many resources here. So use whatever help you can get. (I will be lurking in these forums quite often this year, so feel free to pm me or ask questions on the forums)

- Set aside time to do your drama work. Not matter how easy (or difficult) this subject might seem, you need to put in a lot of effort to get high marks.

Those are just a couple, albeit, very general tips for drama. For more specific stuff, let me know and I'll try my best to help you out :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)