General Education (1 Viewer)

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I'm looking at transfering into B.Sc Advanced mathematics (quant finance) @ UNSW next year from Comm, Comp Sci & Maths @ UWA.

Will I be able to count my computer science units i've completed at UWA as general education or will they be counted towards electives?

I've had a look at the GE units and the seriously all look shit ><"

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
imo, no

again student central will have the best answer to that question
https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/StudentCentralKensington.html

I have sent a few emails around though the basic jist is they don't give a shit untill I have formally applied (which requires this years uni marks), been accepted into the course and then been invited into quantitative finance by the dean.

EDIT: I really hope I don't have to do any shit like humanities, that'd really piss me off

undalay

HSC
I have sent a few emails around though the basic jist is they don't give a shit untill I have formally applied (which requires this years uni marks), been accepted into the course and then been invited into quantitative finance by the dean.

EDIT: I really hope I don't have to do any shit like humanities, that'd really piss me off
go to usyd. I don't think they have that general education shit. ( or do they)

LordPc

HSC

send them another email. in this one claim that you just transferred to UNSW this year and you are wondering whether or not they count as GE since you have to pick some GE's soon and would like to know before you waste your time

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I am a psychic ill tell you exactly what will happen:

You : Will my units count

Them : They'll PROBABLY count.

You : huh ?

Them : They might count.

They aren't very helpful, for some reason they dont really give conclusive answers.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
I really should look into getting a job at SC at some point just to see how shit gets done there.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
go to usyd. I don't think they have that general education shit. ( or do they)

forgot about usyd...shit

probably looks like usyd would be better but the handbook is laid out so crap, the degrees look really flexible or something S:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
darkwolfz said:
I really should look into getting a job at SC at some point just to see how shit does not get gets done there.
there i fixed it up for you =)

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
there i fixed it up for you =)

Not as bad as uni of melbourne i'll give you that.

I've contacted multiple uni of melbourne staff and the only reply I got was from talking to a lecturer directly through his own personal forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)