General exam thoughts? (1 Viewer)

LinzyHodge

HSC
gloworm14 said:
i wrote that turner's was more traditional and conveyed more emotion and i think i wrote something about it being in the romantic styled type of painting.
the other one i said was more contemporary and didnt convey as much emotion even though it was depicting the same event. i dont know if i am right lol
I pretty much wrote this. Thereabouts anyway.

bonbon16

HSC
section one was pretty average i thought and question 7 fitted my artists perfectly so just hoping im not going to get a rude shock when marks come out.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Sladeray1 said:
dammm, made a massive mistake haha i thought it was more about a tugboat im screwed
nah she'll be right, i only knew cuz id studied those paintings before, it was subjective frame, so you could pretty much write anything and it would be right, they cant expect you to know, i just got lucky i guess

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
gloworm14 said:
i wrote that turner's was more traditional and conveyed more emotion and i think i wrote something about it being in the romantic styled type of painting.
the other one i said was more contemporary and didnt convey as much emotion even though it was depicting the same event. i dont know if i am right lol
same here, cept i wrote that the contemporary one was painted in a childish manner to reflect the childish nature of the act of violence human superiority depicted etc

i honestly thought C was the easiest

BlueGiraffe

HSC
I thought the paper was OK. Question a.) confused me, how do they represent his world? I don't know... they're realistic and so the audience his imagination... that's what I went with. b.) was OK, but I was again like, well obviously her choices influence her artmaking practice and c.) was OK once I got into it, but it really sounded like a journeys response.
The essay was good, wrote 11 pages which I was happy about. I did question 8 becasue I could pretty much use any of my artists.

adriana08

HSC
gloworm14 said:
yep..that's what i said too :)

section one was weird..but complaining??? isn't that a bit ott :confused:

vs2328

HSC
I thought the exam was pretty good! in comparison to some of the other short answer questions ive seen.

for section 2 i prepared my essay based on postmodernism and luckily there was a question !!!!! did anyone else do question 10 - the 'authories in art' part kinda put me off but it was about challenging the established norms and status quo .. etc.

HSC
-may-cat- said:
nah she'll be right, i only knew cuz id studied those paintings before, it was subjective frame, so you could pretty much write anything and it would be right, they cant expect you to know, i just got lucky i guess
didn't it say in the title that it was the sinking of the temeraire?... which naturally meant that it must have been a historical event

pinktimtams

HSC
Exam was not too bad except that almost everyone but me got a BOS letter saying they were into the next round of Art Express. Sigh.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
didn't it say in the title that it was the sinking of the temeraire?... which naturally meant that it must have been a historical event
well yes but that would be the extent of what you knew about it

tangotrace

SUPER HERO
HSC
wow... yea, i thought section one was fucked. C- huh? come again!!!??? i think i crapped on about how each of the art works conveyed much the same emotions but done in different ways... yea, not a terribly strong argument i know. :S really had no idea... it threw me!

my essay was pretty ace though so i'm happy there :) how many pages did everyone write for essay? I got 8 down i think.

DaveYoung

Awesome
HSC
tangotrace said:
wow... yea, i thought section one was fucked. C- huh? come again!!!??? i think i crapped on about how each of the art works conveyed much the same emotions but done in different ways... yea, not a terribly strong argument i know. :S really had no idea... it threw me!

my essay was pretty ace though so i'm happy there :) how many pages did everyone write for essay? I got 8 down i think.
I wrote half a page :D

Drew some good pictures all over the writing booklets though.

Will-E

HSC
8 pages! wow. i wrote 5.5, but im happy with that. i wrote 4.5 in the trial and still got 24/25 for it, plus the teacher who marked it was a HSC marker.
quality over quantity i guess (not to say you cant have both! lol)
the essay was easy, i did Q8, similar to the trial. Structural frame is sooo easy.
Q1 was okay, luckily i studied Ron Mueck so i knew about his works which made it easier. part c looked hard at first, but it came pretty obvious when i saw the titles (and that they both depicted ships :p)
overall, not too bad at all
(and im finished!! :D)

lealea226

HSC
Will-E said:
8 pages! wow. i wrote 5.5, but im happy with that. i wrote 4.5 in the trial and still got 24/25 for it, plus the teacher who marked it was a HSC marker.
quality over quantity i guess (not to say you cant have both! lol)
the essay was easy, i did Q8, similar to the trial. Structural frame is sooo easy.
Q1 was okay, luckily i studied Ron Mueck so i knew about his works which made it easier. part c looked hard at first, but it came pretty obvious when i saw the titles (and that they both depicted ships :p)
overall, not too bad at all
(and im finished!! :D)
I know! The 1c) question was the hardest in the exam!! I had no idea what to write seeing as one was a normal painting and one looked like dripping paint! Anyhoo, i hopefully wrote the right stuff. I wrote about 5 pages for the essay (question 7). I now await the resukts ARGH!! Has anyone else NOT been notified about Art Express?? Either they forgot our school or no one got in :(

portiaskye

HSC
i'm from the blue mountains, apparently noone from any school in the blue mountains that was marked internally got preselected for art express. the markers were apparently extremely rude and arrogant. our school has put in a complaint as one of the head people of the practical art marking came to our exhibition and said we had a number of strong works and that around 6 or 7 should get preselected. our teachers also marked painting this year and said based on the quality that was getting the marks there, some of our paintings should have got the marks. they arn't very happy. anyway, i found section 1c of the exam difficult, no way i could find enough points for a 12 mark question in there.

Will-E

HSC
portiaskye said:
i'm from the blue mountains, apparently noone from any school in the blue mountains that was marked internally got preselected for art express. the markers were apparently extremely rude and arrogant. our school has put in a complaint as one of the head people of the practical art marking came to our exhibition and said we had a number of strong works and that around 6 or 7 should get preselected. our teachers also marked painting this year and said based on the quality that was getting the marks there, some of our paintings should have got the marks. they arn't very happy. anyway, i found section 1c of the exam difficult, no way i could find enough points for a 12 mark question in there.
what school are you from? i (did, now im finished :D) go to st. columbas. we havn't been told whether we are in art express or not, as they were marking yesterday and today. mine was the only one which got marked externally, coz part of it was an animation. if what your saying is true, we should complain because our year came up with some great works. hopefully i still have a chance, though :S

portiaskye

HSC
i actually didn't hear them say anything about st columbas when they were talking about it yesterday. and if yours havn't finished being marked yet then that would be why. i'd assume that's out of all the schools in the mountains that have been marked already. i go to, or went to, blaxland. one of the guys in our year that did ceramics and therefore his had to get sent away got the marks to get preselected however they called our school and said sorry we can't put ceramic works into the exhibition anymore. but, the "no preselections in blue mountains" is just for schools that were marked internally and that have been marked already. if that makes sense. its really annoying because we had some really awesome works and it sucks that we were disadvantaged because of the markers. however, the women from the BOS practical marking is looking into getting all those schools remarked as she doesn't think it was fair either.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
-may-cat- said:
same here, cept i wrote that the contemporary one was painted in a childish manner to reflect the childish nature of the act of violence human superiority depicted etc

i honestly thought C was the easiest
yeh i wrote it was a naive depiction

sofiztk8ed

HSC
I found it to be no more or less challenging than anything else the BOS has thrown to the past years. Did question 10 and wrote a bookelt and a page with 4 artists, characteristics, devices, reasons and key issues of Post Modernism, etc. Sculptures in question 1 were stunning, technology in question 2 was relatively easy to talk bout as a choice and the third question showed the same ship so it was easy to compare.
Hope I did ok =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)