General Mathematics Paper - Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

SamTheMacMan

HSC
General Mathematics Paper CSSA - Thoughts?

Hi Guys,
What did you think of the general mathematics paper today (CSSA)?

Last edited:

jason21

HSC
was challenging but however not too difficult. but i really do hate annuities and questions to do with money and there were so many of them!!! arg!

overall pretty good

Stipe Pletikosa

HSC
Hmm came out confident, but the more i think, the more i realise how many errors i actually made.

Can anyoone remeber any questions that they found challenging or got wrong? I wasn't to sure on teh z-sscore one. Well i was, but i screwed up the formula... I ended up getting 6 or something incorrect!

jayraad

HSC
The multiply choice was easy, however the long answers didnt really go my way. What did you guys get for the bearing question. The question which wants the angle from point C back to point A? i think i stuffed it up i made up some type of solution which i think is wrong.

Anonymous Koala

HSC
I got 301 degrees for the bearings question how about you. Overall I thought the paper was pretty darn easy. Some of the multiple choice were so blatently obvious.

jason21

HSC
yep yep the bearing was 301.4 degress or something so yer 301 degrees. There was a typo on the box and whicker plot question with the question asking what % of scores from Mrs class was between 50 and 70 and then it sed in both classes??? weird......

i hated the equivalence question on financial maths that said what was the rate to have the equivalent money in the end

KonP

HSC
lef tout 15 marks. ran out of time ffs..it was alright, but i realised that i stuffed up heaps of easy questions :S..

ryn101

HSC
I actually found it quite easy. Bearings i also got around 300 something. Only question that bugged me was the holiday load, and that was the easiest! I put down 811 or something at the start then i changed it to 131 not knowing i was right the first time.

AJD

HSC
I think I got about 90% which is pretty good. I screwed up on the bearings question and some of the financial maths questions

Harvey321

KALIFORNIA
HSC
hey did general, pretty gud i think

yeh hated all money q's also...

can som1 explain how they got 301 for the bearing, i was at it 4 ages n i cud not get nething but 270 (yes i know the bearing was not west of c)

n how did u get the % rate of the declining balance method in q23 i kept getting like -.3002 or sumthing?!

wht was the answer for the weird graph things of mean n SD in MC? i put A

thnx

jason21

HSC
I think that MC answer was D the one where the first rise was big and the second was small, something like that. You get the bearing from adding 180 degrees to the bearing from B to C. This gives about 330 i think. Then you minus the angle BCA (u work it out from sine rule i think) and u get 301 degrees.

I think i got that. 3001 as well but im pretty certain i was wrong i hated that question.

Stipe Pletikosa

HSC
mm yep the answer was 0.300 something. Your answer for that is right.

I just think i made so many syupid mistakes. I definetly got the bearings wrong and the following question so that already is 4marks. Not to mention lot of silly mistakes i did throughout.

I just wish i could see the paper again and take this anticipation of waiitng for my results away!

Stipe Pletikosa

HSC
jason21 said:
I think that MC answer was D the one where the first rise was big and the second was small, something like that. You get the bearing from adding 180 degrees to the bearing from B to C. This gives about 330 i think. Then you minus the angle BCA (u work it out from sine rule i think) and u get 301 degrees.

I think i got that. 3001 as well but im pretty certain i was wrong i hated that question.
It was A im pretty sure.

LatK7

HSC
Hmm, i think it was OK. Multiple choice i found pretty ok, bar a couple of questions.

The remainder was generally fine, though i screwed up a few bits here and there :(

Hoping for a 75. That'd be good.

princesskt

HSC
i got my mark back today :) i dunno if i did a different paper to anyone of you (well i didnt do the CSSA one) i got 67% which i know is bad, but i came first :D lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)