general maths for engineering (1 Viewer)

ryan161

HSC
just wondering wat are my chances of getting into engineering with general maths lol
i'm doin mad at chem and physics and am keen to do a bridging course for maths but dont know if they'lle accept me
cheers

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
if you put in the work and (if need be) make use of the free tutoring at the maths clinic you'll be fine with the maths.

WannaBang?

HSC
ryan161 said:
just wondering wat are my chances of getting into engineering with general maths lol
i'm doin mad at chem and physics and am keen to do a bridging course for maths but dont know if they'lle accept me
cheers
I guarantee you will cave under the intensity and diffilculty of University Engineering maths. My brother does engineering at University, and just one look through his Maths textbook has totally put me off engineering forever. If you want to waste money, do it. If not, steer well away from it.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
WannaBang? said:
I guarantee you will cave under the intensity and diffilculty of University Engineering maths. My brother does engineering at University, and just one look through his Maths textbook has totally put me off engineering forever. If you want to waste money, do it. If not, steer well away from it.
are you talking about engineering or just UNCLE in general?

ryan161

HSC
i'm interested in chemical engineering
i used to do 2 unit maths thoughi didn't concentrate so i dropped it but i'm sure i would understand if i paid attention
does anyone know about bridging courses?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
If you work hard you should be fine. AFAIK chem eng is all differentials and stuff, not too much rediculous maths I'd assume.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)