General maths or 2 unit maths? (1 Viewer)

DisclosedAtar

HSC
I did really poorly in my prelim exams for 2 unit mathematics and was considering whether or not it would be worth it to drop to general. I'm doing really well in my other subjects with maths being the only subject and I'm failing.

Is it better to drop to general or should I stick with 2 unit and get a tutor? I have a feeling that I will be able to perform better in my other subjects if i do drop to general as it will give me more time to study other subjects that i enjoy rather than focusing on a more difficult course. But the stigma that comes with dropping to general has an element of truth and im not too sure what effect that would have on my atar. Thoughts and opinions?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
I did really poorly in my prelim exams for 2 unit mathematics and was considering whether or not it would be worth it to drop to general. I'm doing really well in my other subjects with maths being the only subject and I'm failing.

Is it better to drop to general or should I stick with 2 unit and get a tutor? I have a feeling that I will be able to perform better in my other subjects if i do drop to general as it will give me more time to study other subjects that i enjoy rather than focusing on a more difficult course. But the stigma that comes with dropping to general has an element of truth and im not too sure what effect that would have on my atar. Thoughts and opinions?
I think it depends in part on what you want to do in University. If you want to do something mathematical, then it would probably be best to keep 2U Maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)