General Maths prediction thread!! (1 Viewer)

freakinout

im not trying to add to anyone else's nerves but i really think that we are gna get sooo screwed by the BOS this year.. last years paper was dead easy and the year b4 that ... dead hard... and so on.. so it looks like we've fallen on the rotten end of their nasty pattern!!! anyone have any thoughts???

$a®e

HSC
u could be right...but if u know your work and where to apply the formulas you shouldnt have any dramas...stress less:)

freakinout

speaking of formulas i just realised i dont know wut a reducing balance method is or how to work it out?? is there a formula .. coz its not on the bible (the formula sheet lol)

freakinout

lil_dudette said:
thats what the whole year has been telling me but it doesnt matter to much cause its the ranks
wut do u mean its the ranks?? the rank is just for ur assessmnet mark rite?? ur hsc mark is ur own so how u go is really important....

arooshika...

HSC
freakinout said:
wut do u mean its the ranks?? the rank is just for ur assessmnet mark rite?? ur hsc mark is ur own so how u go is really important....
well my teacher told me its still the ranks for the hsc...
but anyways i may have misheard her

anyways try not to stress over it to much cause you are starting to give me last minute stress

7th Sign

HSC
hmmm

I am feeling the same way ay I think I will get like 75% which is shit!!!

:( :(

dam I gotta finish of my study by doing the 2003 paper :D

already done every other hsc possible :D

got my formulas that are not on the sheet all writen out aswell!!!

please god I hope I do well :( I bet he isnt listening :(

arooshika...

HSC
ive done each exam twice, all the way from 1995 to 2004 and ive called the helpline on mathematics 20 times more than for english, so only 20 times

i have a really bad feeling i'll fail
and all i can ever do right now is cry cause i cant study anymore

Last edited:

Doctor Phil

HSC
N/A
i couldnt give less of a shit. i come first in my grade @ general maths easily getting 90s and i only do night b4 and last-min-cram study. if u know the formulas, u have fuck all to worry about.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
freakinout said:
speaking of formulas i just realised i dont know wut a reducing balance method is or how to work it out?? is there a formula .. coz its not on the bible (the formula sheet lol)
reducing method for depreciation?

look at this example

asset value: 100, reduce by 25%

yr 1: 100*25% = 25
(new value of asset = 100-25 = 75)

yr 2: (75)*25% = 18.75
(new value of asset = 75-18.75 = 56.25)

yr 3: (56.25*25% = 14.0625
(new value of asset = 56.25-14.0625 = 42.1875)

follow how the bold and italics figures follow through the calculations for the next yr.

edit: its obviously the wrong thing^, i thought you did depreciation

Last edited:

H.S.What?

HSC
freakinout said:
reducible interest goes like this:

eg. Mr Chan takes out a $100,000 loan at 8%p.a. reducible interest over 25yrs. Interest is calculated and added on the first of each month. They make a payment of $775 each month.
Calculate
(a) the interest added after one month
(b) the balance owing after one month

answer
(a) I = ?
P = 100,000
r = 8% p.a (0.6666...% per month)
n = 1 month

I = 100,000 x 0.6666... x 1
I = $666.67

(b) $100,000 + $666.67 - $775
= $99891.67

as for a formula, you just use the I = Prn to work it out. Reducible interest basically means you are only charged interest on the amount still owing

and for the person who asked about whether hsc is worked out on ur raw marks or ur ranking, its the ranking. If you do average in ur exam because it was a tough exam, as long as your ranking is good it doesnt matter, your band will most probably be moved up because scores will be 'adjusted'.

hope that answered your questions

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
im only worried about the little things...its always the silly mistakes like wrong rounding off, not reading the question properly and forgetting units etc that screws me in math.

HSC
I reckon it'll be the same as 2004. Although 2004 was really easy, it was "praised" (not by my teachers but by others, someone had a smh link), so chances are if the MTA want to keep it up they'd probably keep to the same degree of difficulty.
The past papers where harder because alot of the time in a question if you got the first one wrong it snowballed into losing ~5 marks ... also there was concetrations of topics, its more spread out in 2004.

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
Casmira said:
I reckon it'll be the same as 2004. Although 2004 was really easy, it was "praised" (not by my teachers but by others, someone had a smh link), so chances are if the MTA want to keep it up they'd probably keep to the same degree of difficulty.
The past papers where harder because alot of the time in a question if you got the first one wrong it snowballed into losing ~5 marks ... also there was concetrations of topics, its more spread out in 2004.
oh gosh i couldnt agree more. 2003 paper q26a. what a bitch for me then it goes on for 6 more marks i was like wtf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)