general questions about the course... (1 Viewer)

jellybean007

HSC
N/A
Ok, to start with, my teacher is a complete lunatic. I swear if someone asked her which course she was teaching us, she'd be like '...oh...gee... I think.... is it... chemistry???' ...

Anyway, I have a few questions... (any kind of imput or comment would be DEEPLY appreciated!)...

1. When is the actual date our MajorWorks are due? oh yes, she doesn't even know this...

2. The excel guide says we must study 5 cores... but we only have to do 1 25marks essay in the exam... why are we studying so many different movements/periods/artists?? Can we focus the majority of our time on looking at 2-3 artists and their works really closely in terms of the 3 subheadings and doing example questions for the unseen Section I??

And finally... can I legally have my teacher burned at the stake for being so bloody useless and slack?? lol .. She's had our halfyearlys for 4 weeks - and she still hasn't marked them...ggrrrrrrrrrr :chainsaw:

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent, and thanks so much for your help.... ANYTHING is very very much appreciated and will reduce the huge freakout I am having...
thanks and good luck this year

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i don't know when you majorworks are due cuz im at uni, but its around when d&t and other majorworks are due, i wonder if that gives you a basic idea... but you need specifics

basically, know 4+ artists/works in great detail, as well as the way you might be able to link/contrast them

know your frames

and i reckon you'll be set.

i know that may be not be good advice, but hey, I got 91 :p so just know more than what I've just stated above?

5 cores are the in-class stuff you learnt, like caravaggio/australian identity/aboriginal art etc. they're not exactly "tested" specifically in the exam, but they're helpful practice on your essay.

:)

el-salvador

umm with the all the range of artists i think it helps to know a big range so you can have a lot of knowledge for section 2 because if you study 3 artists for a frame, and the frame isnt even in the exam or they dont suit the question, then youre screwed...so i guess it helps to know a fair few!

soso

HSC
N/A
The official date that the BOS has set for the last day you can work on your BOW is Aug 28. It came through just last week. Don't be too hard on your teacher for this one.

Most schools set their own date of Aug 15/16. This protects you against last minute disasters. If you have one you will have some time to fix it.

The five cores must be the five case studies you are required to do. Yes/No? Their are three parts to question 1 with unseen plates and 9 questions in section 2 from which you select 1 to answer.

The case studies help you answer all the questions. They can be applied to some parts of question 1 and your selected question.

In question 1 you use your case study to supply evidence to support your claims and demonstrate the depth of your art knowledge

Hope this helps. PS Don't like your art teacher complain to someone who will listen and do something such as the principal

jellybean007

HSC
N/A
ok, thanks guys - it's all so helpful when I'm getting very little from school... :rolleyes:

And i have one more question - do we have to specify any of our case studies (thanks soso that's what I meant!) in the exam?

thanks... again... :)

soso

HSC
N/A
no, you will have case studies but you willrobably only use part of it or twist it in some way to better fit the questions

soso

HSC
N/A
Any hornsby girls out there or Killara High school students? What are your 5 case studies this year? I hear you get good results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)