General Questions Regarding "Units" - Please Help (1 Viewer)

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
I've already been there. I just wanted to know whether they'll be helping me in selecting my "coherent study plan" or whatever.
Thanks, anyhoo.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The information is there, why would you need help having your core units outlined for you?

Also, if you want us to help you, maybe you could actually provide details on what your degree is

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
Oh don't worry, I got it now. I'm doing Applied finance with accounting. So, basically, I have to look up Applied finance seperately from accounting and then look up accounting, and finally combine their core units?

I was so caught up in trying to find a program for the double rather than breaking it up and looking for the core units of each degree. My bad.

HSC
i have a question, or rather a few questions...

i'm thinking of doing POL264 2nd sem, but the lecture clashes with the RSN155 lecture... so would i be able to do POL264 if i ilectured the RSN lectures i miss? or is it unlikely that the advisor will approve?

or is it a better option to do RSN155 as external study if i'm going to miss the live lecture anyway?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Better to do it externally, especially since those classes (RSN) will most likely be of a smaller scale compared to POL264.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
will i be disadvantaged for missing the tutorials though?
I'm not sure how russian does tutes externally, someone here will probably be able to answer it.

But basically, if you're an external student you have a different set of 'classes' to internal students. So external may be a solution, but it will be mostly self-driven, so if you think you may fall behind or become lazy (as most people who don't have the constant attendance of class do get), maybe you can skip the POL264 lecture instead. (Or if you're really keen, make a friend in the lecture who can 'tape' it or whose notes you can 'borrow' ;))

jellybelly08

HSC
Oh don't worry, I got it now. I'm doing Applied finance with accounting. So, basically, I have to look up Applied finance seperately from accounting and then look up accounting, and finally combine their core units?

I was so caught up in trying to find a program for the double rather than breaking it up and looking for the core units of each degree. My bad.
Eh its right here Degree - 2009 Course Handbook - Macquarie University

See the FNN01 link ???

HSC
I'm not sure how russian does tutes externally, someone here will probably be able to answer it.

But basically, if you're an external student you have a different set of 'classes' to internal students. So external may be a solution, but it will be mostly self-driven, so if you think you may fall behind or become lazy (as most people who don't have the constant attendance of class do get), maybe you can skip the POL264 lecture instead. (Or if you're really keen, make a friend in the lecture who can 'tape' it or whose notes you can 'borrow' )
hahaha
thanks heaps =D

external study sounds good... my main issue without having tutes is not getting an opportunity to ask questions but i guess i could just ask my other instead haha

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Can someone please explain to me what a seminar is, as AHST205 and AHST206 only have seminars, no tutorials, which seems a little strange...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
uh yeah, i do. The problem being, those are all level 300 units. :/

Is this what i'm supposed to do?
It means you've gotta work backwards, find the unit, then find the prerequisites you need to do those 300 level units.

Can someone please explain to me what a seminar is, as AHST205 and AHST206 only have seminars, no tutorials, which seems a little strange...
Its basically a mix between a lecture and tute, so that you discuss and ask things in the same class rather than be lectured to in one, then discuss in tutes.

HSC
Hi,

I was just wondering, how long on average do lectures go for?

Is it recommended that we go to the tutorials/pracs straight after the lecture?

Thanks.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I was just wondering, how long on average do lectures go for?

Is it recommended that we go to the tutorials/pracs straight after the lecture?

Thanks.
just look up the timetable for the units you are doing, and it shows you exactly how long each lecture/tutorial will go for (manily 1 or 2 hours for me each)

Peartie

HSC
i have a question, or rather a few questions...

i'm thinking of doing POL264 2nd sem, but the lecture clashes with the RSN155 lecture... so would i be able to do POL264 if i ilectured the RSN lectures i miss? or is it unlikely that the advisor will approve?

or is it a better option to do RSN155 as external study if i'm going to miss the live lecture anyway?
Im not 100% positive about Russian but I know that every single one of my German classes that I have had has NOT been iLectured....but if its a "lecture" rather than a "seminar" usually the lecturers won't know/dont care if you come or not - its your problem if you miss anything important....

X

xeuyrawp

That's just the class type - there's pretty much one proven method of teaching a language, and that's having a teacher stand up infront of a group, and interact with them (seminar style).

It's not a lecture because students need to interact, but it's also not a tutorial because the teacher is completely steering the lesson. It's pretty much the same across all ancient and modern languages.

HSC
Hey guys,

Well I was planning out my timetable and I was just wondering, what times do recess or lunch start? Coz it might clash with something on my timetable.

Thanks.

zeromq

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

Well I was planning out my timetable and I was just wondering, what times do recess or lunch start? Coz it might clash with something on my timetable.

Thanks.
lol wtf recess and lunch lmao

Whenever you want it to be, uni isnt high school teachers don't baby sit you, you can have lunch at 9am for all they care or just starve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)