General Recommendation of Resource books (1 Viewer)

hernameisnoelle

HSC
I'm currently looking for resource books that would assist in revising for exams and such. I've heard that Dot Point is quite a good one for sciences but I'm not sure about other subjects. Is it just as good for Business Studies (New Syllabus) and the Studies of Religion? If not, what other brands would you recommend me in buying? Thanks. The subjects I currently do are in the following just in case you want to suggest a brand for a specific subject.

Business Studies
Biology
Geography
Physics (Planning to drop)
Advanced English
Mathematics

Also, if you don't mind, could you tell me what the layout of the book is? (E.g. Summary of units and practice questions, etc)

Gigacube

HSC
Advanced English - Excel covers all of the AOS books but I don't recommend Excel as it isn't the best you can get. Try to borrow it from the library if possible. There's also a brand called Top Notes which is pretty good. You can also order some pretty cheap study guides for some books online from Book Depository. There's free shipping. :) You can find some of those study guides in bookshops in Australia but some may be overpriced.

Maths - Fitzpatrick & Cambridge are great textbooks to have, especially if your school uses MiF. The Success One past papers are good to have as well as the topic-by-topic questions by Phoenix Education

findx

HSC
I found that the Dot Point Business Studies book, has questions which are too specific, and unlikely to occur in an exam.It may be good for now, since there are little to no resources for business studies atm.

Keep an eye out for Excel HSC Business Studies. PascalPress says its releasing 'end of january'

Bobbo1

HSC
I'm currently looking for resource books that would assist in revising for exams and such. I've heard that Dot Point is quite a good one for sciences but I'm not sure about other subjects. Is it just as good for Business Studies (New Syllabus) and the Studies of Religion? If not, what other brands would you recommend me in buying? Thanks. The subjects I currently do are in the following just in case you want to suggest a brand for a specific subject.

Business Studies
Biology
Geography
Physics (Planning to drop)
Advanced English
Mathematics

Also, if you don't mind, could you tell me what the layout of the book is? (E.g. Summary of units and practice questions, etc)
Physics - Jacaranda, Physics Contexts is OK, Dotpoint physics is good for questions but terrible for answers so make sure to use other secondary references here. Other than that past papers should be your main focus
English - you should find thousands of notes, analysis and guides online. You could try Topnotes but its fairly basic..
Maths - Fitzpatrick, then straight onto past papers without touching another textbook

pattiez95

HSC
yeah i have dot point for bio it's good for practice questions and also success one hsc is solid for the same reason.

However dot point only includes written responses and tables whilst success one contains multiple choice giving it a better variation :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)