General stereotypes on Engineering (1 Viewer)

undalay

HSC
So what % of people employed within engineering wear hardhats.

KD

HSC
N/A
100% when they visit a construction site and 0% when they're in the office.

doink

Clone
HSC
well outside of civil engineering i doubt anyone would wear a hardhat. Inside civil i would say Construction and Geotechnical Engineers.

In relation to you it depends, you don't have to work where you don't want to and since you can choose your job you can wear a hardhat if you want to or not.

undalay

HSC
Generally speaking for a uni grad, the majority of jobs would be on site, is that a correct assumption? Say for chem eng.

doink

Clone
HSC
undalay said:
Generally speaking for a uni grad, the majority of jobs would be on site, is that a correct assumption? Say for chem eng.
What site would a chem engineer work on? They would work in labs almost always id think.

Also i would say the minority work on site.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
doink said:
What site would a chem engineer work on? They would work in labs almost always id think.

Also i would say the minority work on site.
Chemical plants... Don't think many work in labs.

Chemical engineering is the industrial applications of laboratory chemistry.

So, yeah, it sort-of is a correct assumption. Depends on who you are employed with/what sector you are working in though.

doink

Clone
HSC
Exactly what kind of heavy loose objects would there be in a chemical plant to warrant a hardhat? I don't know whether or not any hardhats are chemical resistant.

HalcyonSky

HSC
doink said:
Exactly what kind of heavy loose objects would there be in a chemical plant to warrant a hardhat? I don't know whether or not any hardhats are chemical resistant.
alot of chemical engineers work in the mines. My brother used to wear a hardhat.

and of course you have to wear a fucking helmet in a chemical plant. This guy is.

Last edited:

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Mmm... I dont think my father ever would have worn one, except if he had to go on site to talk to his workers.
Probably depends on what the particular job entails...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)