General Thoughts: Ancient History (1 Viewer)

belinda1005

HSC
Hey we did the exact same sections...that's weird.

anyway can you tell me what you put for Xerxes B? About the changing interpretations and images? And what did you pick for the Greek World?
Haha awesome. :)
erm for Xerxes B wrote mainly about how he was shown through inscriptions and reliefs with Ahuramazda floating above kinda wrote about religious policy and integrated with some aspects of Xerxes building program.
I managed to write more about Herodotus, Aeschylus (ancient) and elaborated about the modern historians such as O'Neill, Lawless and Cameron, Mayhofer and others and just talked about like biased and hellenocentric views and how these have tainted views of Xerxes career as king have changed over time..

For Greek world I chose the question with the Herodotus quotation of Persian defeat and how Greeks were advantageous and talked upon Themistocles and Xerxes as leaders through battles of Thermopylae/Artemisium, Salamis.

Lolzipops

HSC
How much do you think you would be penalised for saying something wrong just briefly?
For example in Sparta I had a bit of an exam stuff up and said in one sentence that Spartiates were able to sell land, which is not correct - however I didn't elaborate any further on the point (it was literally one sentence saying 'Spartiates could sell their land'). Am I still able to achieve full marks in that question despite making a simple error?

Thought Pompeii was pretty good, slaves was a bit obscure to expand on but it wasn't too difficult.
Sparta was pretty nice overall.
I really liked Hatshepsut - thank god I prepared those responses.
NKE to death of Thutmose IV was quite nice too - wish I could have elaborated more on my essay on royal women but I think it was alright in the end.

Hope everyone went well :)

grizzlybear

HSC
add matthew DUNN on facebook for answers about ancient exam!! im going for around 96 raw. add now!
yea i added him last week, he knows everything. he's already uploaded the marking guidelines and sample answers for todays paper... he's pretty cute as well

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ATAR AIM-> 97.35
TRIAL MARKS: English (Standard):77 Maths: 81 Ancient History:73 Aboriginal Studies:88 Business Studies:69

shangg

HSC
How much do you think you would be penalised for saying something wrong just briefly?
For example in Sparta I had a bit of an exam stuff up and said in one sentence that Spartiates were able to sell land, which is not correct - however I didn't elaborate any further on the point (it was literally one sentence saying 'Spartiates could sell their land'). Am I still able to achieve full marks in that question despite making a simple error?

Thought Pompeii was pretty good, slaves was a bit obscure to expand on but it wasn't too difficult.
Sparta was pretty nice overall.
I really liked Hatshepsut - thank god I prepared those responses.
NKE to death of Thutmose IV was quite nice too - wish I could have elaborated more on my essay on royal women but I think it was alright in the end.

Hope everyone went well :)
By having a wrong aspect to your answer you don't lose any marks (accoridng to senior markers). They just disregard it. Basically if you have 25 pages worth of information with 10 pages of crap that's all wrong and 15 pages of good work, they'll give you the full marks or very close to it. You might lose 1 mark if you have a pedantic marker.

Lolzipops

HSC
By having a wrong aspect to your answer you don't lose any marks (accoridng to senior markers). They just disregard it. Basically if you have 25 pages worth of information with 10 pages of crap that's all wrong and 15 pages of good work, they'll give you the full marks or very close to it. You might lose 1 mark if you have a pedantic marker.
That's great, makes me feel better - thanks a lot :)

grizzlybear

HSC
Taseen Rahman i presume?

Haidys

HSC
Haha awesome. :)
erm for Xerxes B wrote mainly about how he was shown through inscriptions and reliefs with Ahuramazda floating above kinda wrote about religious policy and integrated with some aspects of Xerxes building program.
I managed to write more about Herodotus, Aeschylus (ancient) and elaborated about the modern historians such as O'Neill, Lawless and Cameron, Mayhofer and others and just talked about like biased and hellenocentric views and how these have tainted views of Xerxes career as king have changed over time..

For Greek world I chose the question with the Herodotus quotation of Persian defeat and how Greeks were advantageous and talked upon Themistocles and Xerxes as leaders through battles of Thermopylae/Artemisium, Salamis.
Aha, cool. Yeah I was worried about that one but it looks like I should have done okay lol

sinawi

HSC
It was a very good exam; very fair. It was the first time they used stem quotes for the period question regarding Julio-Claudians which was interesting.

hovercrafteels

HSC
Pompeii - quite good, except for one of the multiple choice that I got wrong.
Sparta - good, apart from question two. Question one should have been worth more marks.
Agrippina - easy enough questions.
Julio-Claudians - I loved that Claudius question, went a bit overboard with the essay though ( 11 pages haha).

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
do you go to my school?
Dude he's trolling you :p

Obviously saw that you came 2nd in the state for society and googled the top course list for 2011.

Calm your farm!

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
do you go to my school?
Dude he's trolling you :p

Obviously saw that you came 2nd in the state for society and googled the top course list for 2011.

Calm your farm!

kayteekatie

HSC
Was a pretty great exam!

Especially loved the Julio-Claudians question, was really hoping they would specify an emperor but didn't think they would as they did it last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)