General Thoughts: Ancient History (2 Viewers)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
the 25 mark essay had no idea, but the rest was okay i suppose it wasn't that bad. yet still that paper was worse than the catholic trials exam and any other exam.
Yeah. The rest was okay. But it still was probably the hardest exam I've done in relation to my topics.

Astea

HSC
Well, I know I didn't do well. That's what I get for cramming the night before. :)
The test wasn't actually hard... you just had to STUDY.

sammie293

HSC
Well, I know I didn't do well. That's what I get for cramming the night before. :)
The test wasn't actually hard... you just had to STUDY.
+1 I completely agree
I did the exact same thing 3 topics the morning before yeew...

Lina3

HSC
I reckon the difficulty of the test depended on what topics everyone was doing. For instance,reading through the paper now...the personality question (a) was the same for pretty much everyone (background). However, answering that for Akhenaten (which was my option) was much harder than say...Ramesses II since there are whole friggin reliefs and inscriptions dedicated to his childhood and early life. Waking up this morning, I am really getting depressed about this exam :( my teacher was like "you are very capable of a band six" (I'm ranked 1st)...yeah, right. Now thinking it through, I realize other stuff I probably should have mentioned in my answers but didn't. Haha I suppose I really need to get over it and start maths study.

xFlamez

HSC
N/A
Anyone remember their multiple choice?!?!?
From the top of my head,
For the foods question, i chose carbonization (which is correct, confirmed)
For the Tomb question, i picked outside Herculaneum gate. (Also correct)
For the 'whats in Pompeii but not in Herculaneum', i chose the one with forum (correct aswell)
The rest (i can't remember) were shit easy.

SuperMike96

HSC
2 days is not sufficient study time for ancient though
I studied the day and night before ancient because I had a legal exam the day before :S

Although I had been studying in the holidays and throughout the year so it wasn't too bad

budwa969

HSC
From the top of my head,
For the foods question, i chose carbonization (which is correct, confirmed)
For the Tomb question, i picked outside Herculaneum gate. (Also correct)
For the 'whats in Pompeii but not in Herculaneum', i chose the one with forum (correct aswell)
The rest (i can't remember) were shit easy.
Sweet!! Did the exact same then!!!!

zhusalmz

HSC
I reckon the difficulty of the test depended on what topics everyone was doing. For instance,reading through the paper now...the personality question (a) was the same for pretty much everyone (background). However, answering that for Akhenaten (which was my option) was much harder than say...Ramesses II since there are whole friggin reliefs and inscriptions dedicated to his childhood and early life. Waking up this morning, I am really getting depressed about this exam :( my teacher was like "you are very capable of a band six" (I'm ranked 1st)...yeah, right. Now thinking it through, I realize other stuff I probably should have mentioned in my answers but didn't. Haha I suppose I really need to get over it and start maths study.
what did you talk about for akh?

Soon as I saw the question I panicked. think I did 2 pages - I talked about his brothers death, tons of conjecture surrounding his early life- may have been high priest of ptah - trained at priesthood of re at Heliopolis then I just started talking about AIII's emphasis on the aten and how it may've influenced him.

Focus is Key

HSC
If the people on here (the top calibre of students) stuffed it then everyone did. What's worse though is having no safety net like I do (ranked 1st in a 400+ ranking school. So there's no-one to pull my mark up.

We just need to put this energy into Maths study!

Last edited:

sedmo

HSC
Waking up this morning, I am really getting depressed about this exam :( my teacher was like "you are very capable of a band six" (I'm ranked 1st)...yeah, right. Now thinking it through, I realize other stuff I probably should have mentioned in my answers but didn't.

same! I ranked first but i dont think my internal mark will be higher than an 85. was really counting on doing well in the hsc to get a band 6 (as was my teacher haha) but I just bombed the exam! pompeii destroyed me, just skimmed over the eruption which was just such a dumb thing to do. hopefully my cohort does well and the exam aligns ok, but ive said my farewell to a band 6 haha :/

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
same! I ranked first but i dont think my internal mark will be higher than an 85. was really counting on doing well in the hsc to get a band 6 (as was my teacher haha) but I just bombed the exam! pompeii destroyed me, just skimmed over the eruption which was just such a dumb thing to do. hopefully my cohort does well and the exam aligns ok, but ive said my farewell to a band 6 haha :/
m8 I was hoping for a band 6 now I'm getting a band 3. Chill the fuck out. lol.

Lina3

HSC
what did you talk about for akh?

Soon as I saw the question I panicked. think I did 2 pages - I talked about his brothers death, tons of conjecture surrounding his early life- may have been high priest of ptah - trained at priesthood of re at Heliopolis then I just started talking about AIII's emphasis on the aten and how it may've influenced him.
I made a big emphasis on how little is known about his early life. Talked about how Egypt's situation was stable during his childhood, how he had a brother, Thutmose and thus, was never intended to be king of Egypt. Mentioned Amenhotep III and how, judging from an inscritption on a cup found at Malkata, Akhenaten would have spent time at his father's court there. He would have observed his father's activities as pharaoh but made the assumption that these fragmented glimpses were pretty much all impression he got as to the responcibilities of a pharaph...then mentioned how Tiye was influential in his life too. In the end concluded, rather simplistically, that he was NOT adequately prepared for kingship.

Yes..I feel ya :( Not sure about my internal mark...maybe high 80's as well. My Ancient teacher was probably the best teacher I had in all of high school, and I've let him and myself down. The eruption question made me panic a bit, especially the Herculaneum part of it. The 10 marker was awful too...deffinately the most specific...they specified a date AND the types of remains. Haven't done that in recent years as far as I know. I am praying the exam aligns well...Ancient scaling has never been that great but this year its BOUND to improve. Said my farewells too, hoping for a band 6 is dellusional for me at this point, praying to scrape 80's. Ohh well, I still wish you all the very best in your results :)

Mutant Kitty

HSC
My teacher was very good for history also, I don't even like it that much, but due to him I did Extension as well.
Looking back on it, when he taught he always referred back to exams and how the content could be needed for it.
Kudos Mr Coller.

zhusalmz

HSC
I made a big emphasis on how little is known about his early life. Talked about how Egypt's situation was stable during his childhood, how he had a brother, Thutmose and thus, was never intended to be king of Egypt. Mentioned Amenhotep III and how, judging from an inscritption on a cup found at Malkata, Akhenaten would have spent time at his father's court there. He would have observed his father's activities as pharaoh but made the assumption that these fragmented glimpses were pretty much all impression he got as to the responcibilities of a pharaph...then mentioned how Tiye was influential in his life too. In the end concluded, rather simplistically, that he was NOT adequately prepared for kingship.
it was a wine docket, you lose cy@ b6

also I'm pretty much in the same position, everyone in my cohort except for 1 person finished within the first 90 minutes :/

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
If the people on here (the top calibre of students) stuffed it then everyone did. What's worse though is having no safety net like I do (ranked 1st in a 400+ ranking school. So there's no-one to pull my mark up.

We just need to put this energy into Maths study!
I'm bad at maths tho lol. I was counting on getting band 5's/6's for all my other subjects and like a Band 4 for math. Nek minnit Ancient... Band 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)